Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Delete user but have posts intact

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by tompasworld
Hi,

I have a user who have written alot in a forum on our company sites (Kunena) forum.
Not, the person has quit the job and it about to be removed from the site (so it can not log in anymore).
The problem is that I want the persons Kunena posts to stay. The posts are way to important to be removed.

I have read that a good way is to just block the person instead of deleting it. This way if someone else signs up with the same name, the old posts will become assigned to the new person.

This persons name is very unique, so the chance that a new user will have the same name are minimal. The singnup for the site is also nothing employees do themselves, I as the webguy does this.

Can I delete this person from Joomlas user group without also loosing the posts? Or is there a better solution for this.
For short, I want the posts to stay, but the posters name are something like "Unregistered" or similar.

Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
You can delete a user but it's not recommended. The easiest and the best thing to do is to disable the account.

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by tompasworld
Thank you sozzled, I know this and also mentioned it in my post.

But, is it still possible to delete the user and have it´s posts stay under (let´s say) "unregistered"?

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
I want you to search for "orphaned posts" and search for "can I delete a user" and you will find that what I have written is what we recommend. If you want to delete you users, that's fine but you also have to remember that there won't be anyone to "own" what they posted on your forum. Disable the account: it's easiest and it's the safest thing to do. Yes, you can delete the account but this will probably make a mess of things.

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by Matias
Deleting user will make the posts to seem like they have written by guest. But they are still bound to that user and his name is showing up.

If you want to rename the user, rename him and use user sync in Kunena to rename his name from all posts.

Time to create page: 0.566 seconds