Blue Eagle 1.5.2 Released (11 Dec 2018)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena Blue Eagle 1.5.2 which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for Kunena 5.1. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 1.5.1 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 1.5.2.

× This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Blank pages when clicking on register etc

More
7 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Callesen58
Hello, I recently installed Kunena on a fresh Joomla install (One that also has blank Plugin Manager and User Manager pages, mind you, but that should(?) be irrelevant). Upon clicking on say create a new account, you get taken to a blank page, which shows the error: Fatal error: Call to undefined method JController::getInstance() in /customers/7/d/6/computerparty.dk/httpd.www/components/com_users/users.php on line 17

Here is my configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 12M

Joomla default template details : it_thesoftware | author: IceTheme | version: 1.5.0 | creationdate: 01 January 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sozzled
  • Visitor
7 years 4 weeks ago - 7 years 4 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Blank pages when clicking on register etc
G'day, Callesen58, and welcome to Kunena.

A few observations:

(1) Your problem has nothing to do with Kunena. If you click the FAQs tab on the menu near the top of this page you will see in How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? that Kunena is not involved in the user registration process. The error message you are getting is being generated by Joomla's user management component.

(2) Generally-speaking, there's a standard approach to addressing blank page issues. The fact that you have blank pages in the backend suggests that there's a more serious problem with your website than merely the frontend experience of Kunena. You should never get blank pages in the backend and, if you do, those are much more important to address first. As a general guide, you may find this page helpful How to diagnose blank page on Kunena (even though, as I wrote earlier, the problems have nothing to do with Kunena).

(3) When you wrote that you recently installed Kunena on a fresh Joomla install, why did you choose to install a version of Joomla 1.5 that is three versions out of date? You've got serious Joomla issues; I don't even think that, if you went to the Joomla forum ( forum.joomla.org ) you will find too many people interested in helping you out with complications arising from recently installing J! 1.5.22 (!)). Good luck.
Last edit: 7 years 4 weeks ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds