Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Login Fail goes to blank screen

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by Eoin
Hello everyone, I have posted this in the Joomla! forum with no success. I don't really know enough to know whether this is a problem with Joomla/Kunena.

I did originally think it might be Alpha Registration, but I have disabled this due to a security issue that has been mentioned. Better safe than sorry!

So that now means it's either Joomla or Kunena I assume?

Basically if you login and it fails, it goes to a blank screen, whereas I want it to go to a loginscren with an error message.

The only other thing I can think of is that I have used Akeeba Backup to .htaccess protect the admin backend, but that "shouldn't" affect the front end... you would expect.

If anyone can help that would be totally awesome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

The login part is managed by Joomla! even in Kunena, you can enable debug mode in Joomla! configuration panel to see what's happen

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by Eoin
I have tried but enabling debugging seems to do nothing (template related I suspect).

I have reinstalled the Joomla! components/com_user/views/login folder but now I am getting more errors in the site AND it's still got the login fail problem! (doh). I did do a backup before hand (hurruh another victory for foreplanning).

Are you sure Kunena doesn't change anything in the login? I used the Joomla! login files to replace them.

I'm getting this error:

Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login.

Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Did you not get an activation e-mail and follow the validation link?

but I'm not trying to login at this stage, I'm just trying to browse the forums, which are available to the public... arghhh.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by xillibit
What Kunena and Joomla! version are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled

Eoin wrote: Are you sure Kunena doesn't change anything in the login?

Please read msg #2 in the topic How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? As xillibit wrote

The login part is managed by Joomla!

So, in effect, you have a Joomla problem somewhere ... even if you are not actually even attempting to login. I don't know what other help we can give at this time until we know more about the exact nature of what you're using and the error messages that you're receiving.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds