Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Desperately need Kunena to run in new browser tab

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #1 by therealkickers
Hi there!

Currently I am trying to find out whether we can use Kunena for our community or not. Besides a few details (that I might come to asking at another occasion here) I have one big issue:

We must have the forum run in an emtpy and new browser tab. There's no way I can adjust or remove module positions as suggested in many google search results for this issue.

I have tried to apply a different template to the forum menu item on our website.
This first works, a new browser tab openes and the forum is loaded inside in it. But it only works for the very first page. As soon as I klick on anything in the forum (category, profile, anything), things are messed up again. Either the joomla modules come back inserting the forum into my 500px wide content window and closing the seperate tab or other things happen.

Can someone tell my step by step what I can do to make sure everthing connected to the forum runs outside from my joomla website in an extra browser tab?

Joomla 1.6.3 , Kenuna 1.6

Thank you very much!
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by therealkickers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I advise you to update Joomla! to 1.6.6 version.

Do you have an example screenshot to understand correctly the issue ?

What exact kunena version are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by therealkickers
Hi!
Thanks for trying to help me.

I am using Kunena 1.6.5.

I think what exactly happens is that only the very first page (Forum index) will be loaded in the applied template. As soon as I click anywhere, the following pages of the forum load in the standard template again.

As I said: First it all looks good. The index page is loaded in the assigned (new) template(so that I don't have to modify my standard template):

But after clicking anywhere, the following pages flip back to my standard template where there's not enough space for it to be displayed.

---Image deleted by uploader---

Can you understand my problem? Maybe this is a Joomla issue? I don't know, I'm still learing...

Thanks again for any help!
Christoph
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by therealkickers.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by Randal
You need another joomla template (or better template that can do that). Template witch display on this menu/component just component view without modules. It's very easy to do.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #5 by therealkickers
Hi!

That's exactly what I did - I chose a different template for this menu item and assigned the forum to it. First forum page=ok, the forum index is loaded in the different template and everything looks fine. Clicking anywhere makes the forum return to my standard template. It should stay in the different template but it doesn't.

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by therealkickers
I know this is a free tool and there's absolutely no claim for support, but I really really need this solved :( So if anybody knows what to do, I'd be grateful to hear about it, otherwise we will have to go look for an alternative, which would be a pity cause we like the kunena style. The forum is one of the last things that are on our "to-do" list and we want to go online in about a few weeks.

Again - Thank you very much for the forum and trying to help us out.

More
12 years 6 months ago #7 by Matias
Kunena has its own menu in Joomla and you need to remove all modules from every menu item inside that menu.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #8 by therealkickers
Hi!

Thanks for your answer.

I don't have any menue items assigned to the Kunena menue. The Forum is integrated in one of my own menues. Is that not working? I mean the forum itself works fine. Up to the first mouseclick...

The thing is, the Joomla template changes back after I click anywhere in the forum and so the standard modules re-appear. I need the kunena to stay in the assigned Joomla template, but it won't. Or I need it to pop up in any other empty browser window in any other way (and it must stay there). As it is now, it is sadly unuseable for us.

I have two more weeks to work this out, otherwise we cannot publish our website on time.
I am really thankful for any help and I personally am just a joomla beginner - but I got the impression this is just a minor thing and I just don't see it. I guess if there wasn't a proper and easy solution for this, 50% of all Kunena users couldn't use the forum. So there must be something I overlooked or I don't know / understand... :(

Please - Do you have any other possible solutions you can think of?

Thanks,
Christoph

More
12 years 6 months ago #9 by therealkickers
Thank you very much folks for any efforts to help us.

Unfortunately we cannot use the forum because it is obviously not possible to run it in an extra browser tab in fullscreen mode. I have posted in so many forums and asked for a solution, but obviously there's no way.

We have to stick with another board including JFusion now. Or at least we have to try...

It is very disappointing for us because we would have loved to run your forum as it is fully integrated and we genereally don't like the idea of using bridges and stuff...

Maybe your developing team might find a way to achieve that the forum can run outside a Joomla environment in the future. As for me, I would even have paid for a forum like yours that meets our wishes.

Thank you very much again for offering your spirit and work for free.
All the best,
Christoph

More
12 years 6 months ago #10 by Matias
We are running this forum without any modules in left or right -- you just need to update all menu items under kunena menu.

Everything that works with JFusion should also work with Kunena as we are using the same system (Joomla menus).

Time to create page: 0.608 seconds