Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Fatal Error 504...?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by kooky
Fatal Error 504...? was created by kooky
Hello,

1.I use kunena forum in my website www.cinelover.gr . I have created a subject and people should post their comments but they tell me that every time they make a new post it says something about fatal error 504. Although after that the post is succesfully placed. What is wrong with that error? Any way I can fix it so they can be redirected to the subject and their post after they make one?

2.I have placed some modules at the left side of the template. This made the forum narrower but it does not adjust to that change. So the "delete" field which is placed to the right side for me as moderator is out of sight. Will I have to remove the left column from the forum page in order this to work as it supossed to or are there any other adjustments I should make?

Thank you...
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by kooky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: Fatal Error 504...?
Hello,

1°) Look here : www.checkupdown.com/status/E504.html

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by kooky
Replied by kooky on topic Re: Fatal Error 504...?
Hi, thanks.
So if I understand it correctly the problem comes from the server that hosts my website and has to do with the traffic... Is that correct?
Accordingly to the link you gave me there is nothing I can do unless I subscribe to that service.
But also I'm thinking that the problem will not exist everytime but maybe some posts will be successfylly placed without a 504 arror depending on the traffic of the server that particular time.
Am I wrong?
Is this a problem that only occurs to me?
Because I did not read any other comments regarding this issue and I don't think that most of the people who use kunena forum into their site have the possibility to spend 750$ annualy.
What do you think I should do?

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by obelix1990
Replied by obelix1990 on topic Re: Fatal Error 504...?
Hello, I have exactly the same problem. following The message displayed when error occurs
Has somebody can help?

Fatal error Access to undeclared static property KunenaAccessJoomla16::viewLevels in components/com_kunene/librairies/integration/joomla16/access.php on line 127

For info, I use joomla1.7 ans I have installed Kunena for Joomla 1.7

After a research I have found this topic:

www.kunena.org/forum/168-k-16-and-k-17-s...issues-in-kunena-170
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by obelix1990.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by kooky
Thanks
I followed the link you gave me and I enabled debug mode from the configuration panel of the forum and it showed me two errors that are not related to the forum but are related to my template. So I sent a mail to the template designers and waitng for an answer.
I will post again when I get an answer.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by xillibit

kooky wrote: Thanks
I followed the link you gave me and I enabled debug mode from the configuration panel of the forum and it showed me two errors that are not related to the forum but are related to my template. So I sent a mail to the template designers and waitng for an answer.
I will post again when I get an answer.

This is weird that you have an error 504, if you the fix after that you have solve your issue it should help others people too :)

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by kooky
The first time I had an error 504, the second time I had error 500.
I don't know...
I'm waiting for their reply and I will inform you.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #8 by kooky
Ok. The template designer contacted me and I added two lines in the template .php and now with the debug enabled it doesn't show me any errors at the top of the page. Should I leave it enabled? What is the use of it?
Then I tried to reply at a post and it showed me the known issue error 500 at the line 127 of the kunena. I solved that too. We will see if anything else come up. For now it seems ok.
Thanks
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by kooky.

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by xillibit
If the debug should just be used to see errors messages, then you can disable it

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Fatal Error 504...?
Some questions:

1) Can users reply even if they get that error?
2) How much time it takes to get this message (second, 30 seconds, 3 minutes)?
3) Have many users subscribed to that topic?

Kunena default template needs quite a lot of space as it has a lot of information in it.

Time to create page: 0.388 seconds