Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question I am installing a new Joomla template for my website and I want to move my forum

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by boejean
Hi,

I am installing a new template for my website. I am using a jumpstart; therefore, i need to move the forum over to the new template. How can I do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't understand the meaning of the word "jumpstart". If you are installing a new Joomla site template on an existing Joomla website you should not need to do anything as far as Kunena is concerned.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by boejean
I did not know if I have to move folders around or not.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
I will repeat, word-for-word, what I wrote before:

I don't understand the meaning of the word "jumpstart".

If you are installing a new Joomla site template on an existing Joomla website you should not need to do anything as far as Kunena is concerned.

You install a Joomla site template, just like you install any Joomla extension. I don't understand the signficance of your follow-up comment about moving "folders" around. Which "folders"? I do not understand how this topic relates specifically to Kunena.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #5 by big_d83
I have changed my template a number of times and have not had to move my data\forums\folders. You can find some templates here www.kunena.org/ked/templates

From the admin side of your site go to Extensions and then 'Install\Uninstall'

Under the 'Upload Package File' select browse and go to the location of your .zip file select it click open then "Upload File & Install'

Next go to 'Components...Kunena Forum' from there go to the 'Template Manager' and select the template you want to make the default by clicking the selection button and the 'Default.'

I hope this helps.
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by big_d83.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks, David, but I'm not sure if that's the question that was asked.

boejean wrote:

I am installing a new template for my website.

If I understand correctly, the KED has a number of Kunena templates. To install a new Kunena template you use the Kunena Template Manager - there's no involvement with the Joomla Extension Manager and Kunena templates.

But, yes, you do install a new Joomla site template using the Joomla Extension Manager. :)
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: big_d83

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by big_d83
That is correct, I have been working on so many different things in Joomla today I mixed it up. Thanks for catching my mistake!

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds