Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Moving forum to other website

More
12 years 8 months ago #1 by larsn84
Hi

We are about to move our website to another server, and is building our site from scratch in joomla 1.7.0 on a new test domain. Therefore we would like to move our current topics and so on from our current website to the new one.

Unfortunately we are having a bit of a problem finding an export/import function in Kunena. Does it exist? or how do we do?

thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
export all *.Kunena tables in your old database. and import the sql file in your new database, Then install kunena. Thats it

regards 810

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by larsn84
How do I export these? Manually or is there a build in function?

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
You need to use phpmyadmin for that, just export kunena_* tables and import them into your new server still with phpmyadmin.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larsn84

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #5 by larsn84
okay... thank you very much :) will try and report back :)

BTW - is the databases compatible between 1.5.23 and 1.7, when I import to the new website?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by larsn84.

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled

larsn84 wrote: Are the databases compatible between 1.5.23 and 1.7, when I import to the new website?

The Joomla databases are not compatible, no. If you are using K 1.6.5 on J! 1.5.23 then those Kunena database tables should be compatible with J! 1.7.0, yes (but I haven't tested it).
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larsn84

More
12 years 8 months ago #7 by larsn84
Im having some troubles getting phpmyadmin to work

could I get some hints. Went throught the documentation.txt, but it seems quite complicated :unsure:

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #8 by Jiminimonka
It is quite complicated, so I advise reading them, since the skills you pick up will come in handy. I am not sure if teaching phpMyAdmin is within the scope of this website. A quick google turns up lots of 'how-to' guides written in easy to understand terms, including video guides.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Jiminimonka.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled, larsn84

More
12 years 8 months ago #9 by larsn84
okay... will try and google some more guides. Cause the documentation.txt that is attached to the download doesn't seem very handy :) read it all, and forgot half of it afterwards :blink:

thanks for your advice :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #10 by larsn84
Okay - so now I found out how to use PHPmyAdmin on Youtube, but still haven't found a guide on how to install it on Joomla. Anyone got a link or a easy install guide?

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds