Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question resource intensive

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by Tryweryn
resource intensive was created by Tryweryn
Hi just reinstalled a site on imotion hosting shared. The joomla is a basic site no extras but the site seems bot intensive. Is this bots re indexing my forum? Will it settle down? Can I do anything to help or stop the load?

Can anyone recomend a host that isnt going to winge?
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Tryweryn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: resource intensive
I ask you to look carefully at the posting guidelines printed at the top of this page. Can you please help us to help you better. Can you, for example, explain what may be technically wrong with your implementation of Kunena or can you provide us with some evidence that indicates unacceptably poor performance with your site, please.

Resource-intensive ... ? Can you indicate to us which resources are being intensified?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #3 by Tryweryn
Replied by Tryweryn on topic Re: resource intensive
Well its a bit hard as they didnt explain a lot. But it seems on a shared server the usage i think processor was to high so temp they moved it to a virtual one. It seem the site has thousands of hits from google and yahoo but maybe this is re-indexing after I put the site up again. Also loads of hits from the admin...probably me putting the site up.

Can kunena be run on a shared server?
Will hits from yahoo and google become less?

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : | author: | version: | creationdate:

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Here is two messages they sent
==================================

Thank you for contacting us.

As just mentioned on the phone, it seems like a lot of your usage is coming from search engine bot traffic. Additionally a lot of administrative tasks running on the Joomla back-end. We would recommend implementing a Joomla caching extension such as Content Static (possibly depreciated) or JotCache:

==========================================

hank you for contacting us.

Based on the resource usage metrics that I am seeing within the dedicated server, your account is still too resource intensive to be moved back to the shared environment. The amount of resources being consumed by the would be better suited for a VPS package.

However, if you made significant changes today that would affect the resource usage of your account, the measurements would include data before you made such changes. It would be best to contact us tomorrow to have the resource usage reevaluated.

Please respond to this communication with any questions or concerns that you may have and we will be glad to assist.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by Tryweryn.

More
12 years 8 months ago #4 by Tryweryn
Replied by Tryweryn on topic Re: resource intensive
I have turned system cache on will that help?

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: resource intensive
We do not recommend the use of caching on websites with high turnover pages - discussion forum generates a high turnover of pages.

If you want to find out more about what page activity is occurring on your website, I suggest you look at some page analysis tool. JoomlaWatch is one good tool. I'm curious about your hosting company's observations of "a lot of administrative tasks running on the Joomla back-end". What, exactly, does that mean?

You asked, "Can Kunena be run on a shared server?" Yes, but it depends on how much traffic you get and the services offered by your website. That's kind of a how-long-is-a-piece-of-string question. Most people seem to have little difficulty running Kunena on a shared webserver.

You asked "Will hits from Yahoo and Google become less?" I don't know. My personal experience is based on using JoomlaWatch to see who and what is visiting my website. Your own analysis should be based on empirical study, too.

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds