Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is for users to help other users, to discuss topics that are related to forum administration in general or problems in running Joomla. This is not the place to ask for Joomla support. If you want assistance with Joomla please ask at forum.joomla.org

Question Deleting accounts?

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by greboguru
Deleting accounts? was created by greboguru
Hello -- I am registered on a site powered by Kunena, and I really want to delete the account. However, there is no way I can see to delete said account. My account is on, er... well, a Very Naughty forum. Could some admin please help me figure out how to delete my account from the Very Naughty forum in question?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Deleting accounts?
As we have often said in the past, Kunena is not responsible for site registration (see How do I register new users to my website and where should they login to use my website? )

When you register yourself on a Joomla website, unless the site offers you an "unregister" option, you place yourself in the hands of (and at the mercy of) the manager of that site. If you have issues involving your need to unregister yourself at a particular website then you must resolve those matters with the manager of that site. This is not a Kunena issue nor is it something that we can help you with here. This is a private matter between you as the manager of the site in question.

In resolving issues reported to us, we do not register ourselves at users' websites for the simple reason that, once registered, we cannot unregister ourselves. That's "par for the course"; that's the way that most Joomla sites operate. It's a question of personal security, nothing more. If people are unsure about the registration policy implemented at any website and they are concerned about their personal security, they should ask the site manager to explain their privacy policy and means for unregistering user accounts. If the site manager is not prepared to answer those questions then it's your choice to accept or not accept the risk attached to registering with a site that you know nothing about.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds