Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Exclusive Log-In

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by mercury
Exclusive Log-In was created by mercury
Hi. I have a site that is dedicated to selling certain products. I have clients who can log in to post requirements or requests and to use certain features of the site. I have installed kunena, to serve as a forum for our national board, which regulates our products, which i do not want my clients and site visitors to have access to. I understand that I can approve and reject users in joomla but once i approve clients, they would have access to this confidential forum. Is there a way that I can have a separate log in just for the kunena site which my site visitors and customers will not be able to access? Please advise. Hope to hear from you. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Exclusive Log-In
try reading this post i just made help another user restrict a part of his forum to " Publishers " only. The same restriction will help you with setting your confidencial forum up :)

www.kunena.com/forum/132-common-question...r-qpublishersq#50206

so to recap when a client registers you leave the RANK to registered but if someone you want to access this information then you give them " publisher " rank or about.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by mercury
Replied by mercury on topic Re: Exclusive Log-In
Thanks for the tip. Where can i find the Forum Advanced Configuration? It is not in the Kunena configuration. I am using v1.5.11. Pls advise. thanks.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #4 by Cerberus
mercury wrote:

Thanks for the tip. Where can i find the Forum Advanced Configuration? It is not in the Kunena configuration. I am using v1.5.11. Pls advise. thanks.

In backend of joomla:

kunena configuration / forum administration / and the image you see is the config page for one of my forums :) ( click on the forum you want to edit and you will see that page )

Regards Cerberus
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by mercury
For some strange reason, I dont have it. Here check it out:

[IMG

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by mercury
Finally found it. Thanks Cerberus!

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by Cerberus
Your very welcome it was just lucky i wrote that tutorial on how to do it one post before i read your post.

remember that any advise or opinions given by me are from only me and not the k.com team as im only a user here and nothing more :)

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds