Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Change Date Display

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #1 by mindovermaster
I am new at Kunena, and I want to change it from "3 hours, 30 minutes ago" to a date and time.

I have read this:

www.kunena.com/forum/144-hacks-tricks-an...e-display-of-posting

And tried it. It does not work. I have the latest Kunena release, and I use template default_ex_black

:huh:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor spelling edit in subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Change Date Display
G'day, mindovermaster, and welcome to Kunena :)

If you are new to PHP then the contents of Chage date display of posting? may not make a lot of sense 8 months after they were posted. The theory should still be the same even if the code might have changed over that time.

When you write that you are using "the latest Kunena release" I presume that you mean K 1.5.11. It's always a good idea, when you post here, to use the actual version number. That way it avoids confusion, gives the topic a point of reference for the future and it saves us having to ask you for the information! ;)

We don't know anything about the default_ex_black template - I don't even know if this works with K 1.5.11! - which isn't part of the Kunena project and it's not part of the standard installation. FYI There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex and so that might be another reason why your efforts to change the date display end in failure.

Perhaps someone else, with a keen interest in addressing this problem, might be able to help? :dry: FYI, date display is configurable in K 1.6 (at long last) so this issue will be a thing of the past in the near future. :woohoo: No more hacks!

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by Cerberus
Replied by Cerberus on topic Re: Change Date Display
sozzled wrote:

We don't know anything about the default_ex_black template - I don't even know if this works with K 1.5.11! - which isn't part of the Kunena project and it's not part of the standard installation. FYI There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex and so that might be another reason why your efforts to change the date display end in failure.

The default_ex_black template was designed for K1.5.5 and is very very very broken and causes alot fo issues when used with K1.5.11 i had to work alot on it to get it to work for my own site.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled
Cerb: I was using understatement - I was trying to be subtle - when I wrote "I don't even know if default_ex_black works with K 1.5.11" ... I mean I am 99.9% sure, in my mind, that default_ex_black would have more difficulty working with K 1.5.11 than, say, if you tried to dissolve a piece of chalk in a glass of water ... (although, I suppose, why would you want to do that?) :silly:

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by mindovermaster
Yes, sozzled, I did read that thread as pointed out in my first post. I got a syntax error, checked everything.

Then how did you do it, Cerberus? I do know how to mess with php/css. I'm no pro at it, but I can pick out code to edit.

Installed version: Kunena 1.5.11 | 2010-04-04

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #6 by Cerberus
yer well you can be suttle, im goin to just stick with honest blunt and to the point :P

mindovermaster wrote:

Yes, sozzled, I did read that thread as pointed out in my first post. I got a syntax error, checked everything.

Then how did you do it, Cerberus? I do know how to mess with php/css. I'm no pro at it, but I can pick out code to edit.

Installed version: Kunena 1.5.11 | 2010-04-04

tbh i had to do so much work to it im now unsure exactly what i did i can give you a copy of the code im using but, that may not help you out at all cause i did a few fixes through my own joomla template too and added alot of transparent code.

your best bet is to stick with the default_ex template as sozzled said and just change the colors to match your site and nothing else (easy to do with help of firebug for firefox), that best i can offer for K1.5x. Your other option is to wait untill K1.6 is released and at that time i have a number of different colour versions of the default template that i will release once it is stable.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by mindovermaster
Then I guess I'll do that. I would have to edit a lot, but it won't be that hard. I did several IPB/VB edits a few years ago.

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
If you get syntax errors then, obviously, you got more than the "theory" wrong. If you are serious about getting down-and-dirty with PHP code hacks, then you need to post what you're trying to do.

I've dealt with this issue myself - date formatting - and (maybe more for academic interest) I wrote something for K 1.5.4 (I think), the results lasted two weeks before I upgraded Kunena and forgot all about it.

I strongly suspect that most of our more experienced users are looking ahead at this moment. There seems to be not the same amount of enthusiasm or keen interest in tailoring K 1.5.x as there was, say, a few months ago. I think that a good many of the reasons for this are because people are holding off making further investment in K 1.5 with K 1.6 only just around the corner. So, in saying this, good luck.

I would help, if I could, but I just don't have the time to make this work right now. As I wrote earlier: perhaps someone else, with a keen interest in addressing this problem, might be able to help? Whatever you decide to do, for your own sake, put some reliability into your website and don't use defective components. In other words, eliminate default_ex_black template from the equation. B)

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by mindovermaster
When is 1.6 going to become stable? I really haven't looked around that much.

I am not the best hacker/coder, but I can change simple things that make some large differences.

I have done many code hackings on it. They all worked until now.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by Cerberus
as i ahve said many many many many times K1.6 will be released " when its ready "

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds