Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Disable Search in Kunena

More
14 years 1 month ago #1 by stgeorge
I am new to Kunena and thought I would try it in one of my Joomla installations.

The Forum Search in Kunena just redirects to a blank page.

I do not wish to fix this issue as I have never found a Forum Search that actually works.

I have made my own module which will automatically Search the Forum from the Joomla Search.

I never use all these different Search options that come with the default Joomla or any Component installed into Joomla as they seem totally unnecessary.

My Joomla Search will find all related material from any Joomla or Component content.

So what I wish to do is remove the Search bar from the Kunena Forum and with this in mind would like to know what file contains the Search Field so i can comment it out.

Never say Never. Anything is Possible!
winfoes.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Re:Disable Search in Kunena
In your kunena.forum.css
"/components/com_kunena/template/your_template (default_ex)"

search follw code and add "display:none;"

#Kunena #fb_searchbox {
width:auto;
white-space: nowrap;
display:none;
}

"Advanced Search" you find in
".../template/default/plugin/profilebox/profilebox.php"

comment out linie 154 with <!-- and -->

(Kunena 1.5.9)

More
14 years 1 month ago #3 by stgeorge
Thanks for that rich!!

I have only installed with the default installation template at the moment and have not yet had time to do a few template alterations myself.

Once I delve into the files a little I will get the hang of it.

Your post has saved me alot of time and given me some clues on other alterations.

I did look at the template but did not think to try something as simple as:
display:none;
on the Search Box.

Thanks again

Never say Never. Anything is Possible!
winfoes.co.uk

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds