Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Link to Image, Link to webpage - increase character limit

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by Sean
I am running into a problem that I am not sure how to solve.

When using the "Boardcode" links to add a URL to an image or web-page, there seems to be a character limit of how long the address can be.

I cannot find where to increase this limit, as it frequently cuts of the last few characters of the link.

If I paste the link manually with the appropriate BBcode tags, then all is fine.

I assume it's an easily solvable problem, and that I am just thick. your help will be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

open the file components\com_kunena\template\default\smile.class.php and look at lines 316 and 324, you can change the maxlenth value, like for this :
Code:
<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_LINK_URL); ?><input name="url" type="text" size="40" maxlength="100" value="http://" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_LINKURL);?>')">

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
14 years 2 months ago #3 by Sean
ok, thanx for that!

So no way to do it easily through the back-end then... it wasn't just me being an idiot :D

More
14 years 2 months ago #4 by Sean
xillibit wrote:

Hello,

open the file components\com_kunena\template\default\smile.class.php and look at lines 316 and 324, you can change the maxlenth value, like for this :

Thankyou!

That worked a charm!

More
14 years 2 months ago #5 by viper_iii
Try this link... from ebay
test link to long URL

Fails on my site... but in a private area so will test here...

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #6 by viper_iii
yup fails here too...

I've put in 250 chars for my limit on the above noted lines... its breaking the url about 100chars in though when I go to edit..

Only about 169ish characters...
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-LR3-4...?hash=item518ff09eb1
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by viper_iii.

More
14 years 2 months ago #7 by sozzled
The hack methods have not been implemented at www.kunena.com . ;)

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by Sean
Remember that you need to change the max limit for both URLs (file and image) I did one, only and it didn't seem to work, only when I looked closer did I realise my mistake.

Also check that for the file, you don't change the max char limit for the inserted text, instead of the actual URL.

Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by Sean
by the way... This file sits in the "Default" Template... don't go looking for it in another template folder, even if you are using one.

I understand the logic of placing it like this, but it may be confusing if you are not a coder.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #10 by viper_iii
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration
Code:
<div id="link" style="display: none;"> <?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_LINK_URL); ?><input name="url" type="text" size="40" maxlength="250" value="http://" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_LINKURL);?>')"> <?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_LINK_TEXT); ?><input name="text2" type="text" size="30" maxlength="100" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_LINKTEXT);?>')"> <input type="button" name="Link" accesskey = "w" value="<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_LINK_INSERT); ?>"" onclick="bbfontstyle('[url=' + this.form.url.value + ']'+ this.form.text2.value,'[/url]')" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_LINKAPPLY);?>')"> </div> <div id="image" style="display: none;"> <?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_IMAGE_SIZE); ?><input name="size" type="text" size="10" maxlength="10" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_IMAGELINKSIZE);?>')"> <?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_IMAGE_URL); ?><input name="url2" type="text" size="40" maxlength="250" value="http://" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_IMAGELINKURL);?>')"> <input type="button" name="Link" accesskey = "p" value="<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_IMAGE_INSERT); ?>" onclick="check_image()" onmouseover = "javascript:kunenaShowHelp('<?php @print(_KUNENA_EDITOR_HELPLINE_IMAGELINKAPPLY);?>')"> <script type="text/javascript"> function check_image() {
Code:
[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-LR3-4WD-4dr-V8-H-Ready-for-some-serious-Off-Roading_W0QQitemZ350307262129QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item518ff09eb1]test link to long URL[/url]

note the way editor is breaking after the "-"s due to length... but shouldn't matter...

Changes in place and no difference...
also is an ebay link... acts like its trying to parse for something else like video...

tinyurl.com/yhq3kwr
is the only way i've been able to post long links...

apparently ebay gets parsed... for the ebay togo swf somehow... but ebay motors causes issue... testing another simpler ebay link...

cgi.ebay.com/DELL-PRECISION-490-XEON-QUA...?hash=item20af5463cf

Yup that was it...

using no parse figured it out much easier... however the ebay parsing only works on primary ebay... doesn't work on motors site as well... just by item number only...

[noparse]

[/noparse]

The above worked fine.... I think the edits worked to create longer urls but my test was also being tweaked by ebay parsing as well...duh... I'm learning!
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by viper_iii.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds