Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Kunena and CB hack needed ASAP PLEEEASE

More
14 years 2 months ago #1 by sk1nlimited
Hi,

I have done the hack so that the log in does not show in kunena and I have enabled the CB login.

What I am trying to achieve is the following for my new site I am building:

I am using Kunena V 1.5.9 and Joomla 1.5.15 and Virtuemart V 1.14 STABLE

I have Community Builder installed for my databse and used for my website: www.sk1n.co.uk/joomla

Using Community Builder for my customers to login and use virtuemart and so forth works perfect.

I then have my kunena forum which has its own template but I need to use the Community Builder login for it as well.

The problem I am having is as follows:

I have done several hacks and installed the Kunena/CB login module . The login now works fine and keeps the user on my forum template page: sk1n.co.uk/joomla/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=6

But once they have logged in and click on My Profile it takes them to the correct details but it displays them on the incorrect website template (I need it to stay on the forum template for my website and not to use the generic template for my virtuemart site)

Also the colours on the forum would be nice if I could get it to mimic my website theme!!!, but I do not know how to do it :S

Please can someone help URGENTLY as I need to get the site up and live.

Any feedback or suggestions would be great

Many thanks in advance for all your help

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
I think I have some good news for you and some not-so-good-news :)

Basically, if I understand what you have written, you have addressed matter of making Kunena login use the Community Builder mod_cblogin module. However, by setting your site to use tightly integrate Kunena with CB, this causes other issues.

These issues have been around for a long time and there and there are as many opinions about what you should do as there are people who use Community Builder and Kunena ... just browse the Community Builder category for examples! :lol:

If I understand correctly what you're asking:
  1. You want your users to view their Kunena profile information when they're using the forum; and
  2. You want your users to use their CB avatars within the forum
Use the following configuration settings:
  • Integration
  • Use avatar picture from = Community Builder
  • Profile Settings
    • Profile = Kunena
    This is how I have set up several of my websites where I use both components, however that combination causes another problem: the login/registration links on the top of the Kunena forum pages take the user to the standard Joomla login/registration components (there is guidance on how to achieve this if you search the forum). For that reason I have removed the login/registration links that appear in the Kunena profile box.

To the moderators: this discussion topic has more to do with integrating Community Builder with Kunena and perhaps it should be moved to Kunena User Contributions and Third-Party Options » Extensions, Modules, and Plugins » Community Builder category.
    Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
    14 years 2 months ago #3 by sk1nlimited
    Hiya,

thanks for the reply.

Everything is working the only issue I now have is once they have logged in and click on My Profile (on the module to the left or the my profile in Kunena) it takes them to the correct details but it displays them on the incorrect website template (I need it to stay on the joomla forum template for my website and not to use the joomla template for my virtuemart site).

I am running 2 sections within 1 site.

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP Please I am going mad :( :( :(

More
    14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
    sk1nlimited wrote:

The only issue I now have is, [after my users] have logged in and click on My Profile (on the module to the left or the my profile in Kunena) it takes them to the correct details but it displays them on the incorrect website template ...

Please explain more, provide a screenshot to illustrate what your users are clicking and what do you mean by "incorrect website template".

sk1nlimited wrote:

I am running 2 sections within 1 site.

What do you mean you are running "2 sections within 1 site". :S

sk1nlimited wrote:

HEEEEELLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP Please I am going mad :( :( :(

I'm all out of Prozac. I suggest you try to remain calm. :P

More
    14 years 2 months ago #5 by sk1nlimited
    Sozzled, Pics as requested.

The only issue I now have is, [after my users] have logged in See SOL Group Logged IN Picture. and click on My Profile (on the module to the left or the my profile in Kunena) it takes them to the correct details but it displays them on the incorrect website template ... See SOL Group My Profile Picture.

The Motorcycle Template

SOL Group Template

SOL Group Logged In

SOL Group My Profile

I have also uploaded a picture of the virtuemart/main Motorcycle website template

The above also happens when you click on recent discussions it shows in the wrong template insted of the SOL group template

All your help will be greatly appreciated!!!!! - How hard would it be to change the theme of Kenuna to match my motorcycle website?, colour icon wise (Thought I would ask :blush: )

cheers
    Jay

More
    14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #6 by sozzled
    Thanks. A picture (or 4) is (are) worth a thousand words:

sk1nlimited wrote:

[When my users] have logged in [they see the screen as depicted in the] SOL Group Logged In Picture.

OK, let's pause at this point. The image that you've shown depicts a hacked Kunena template (the user avatar and other information appears on the left instead of on the right). So, before we go any further, you are already not using a standard Kunena template. Please understand that, even if you don't like it, There is only one endorsed and supported Kunena template ... default_ex .

If you want to customise your own template, please make sure that you base your changes on the latest release of the default_ex template: CSS and PHP code. In the future there will be some relative relaxation of this "rule" after a new template API is introduced. It's either that or wait till the Prozac kicks in! ;)

sk1nlimited wrote:

[When my users] click on My Profile ... the correct details [are shown] but it displays them on the incorrect website template ... See SOL Group My Profile Picture.

The image shows the Community Builder user profile. This has nothing to do with Kunena. For help in customising Community Builder, please direct your questions to the folks at Joomlapolis .

sk1nlimited wrote:

How hard would it be to change the theme of Kunena to match my motorcycle website?, colour icon wise

Thank you for asking; we get asked this a lot. A basic tutorial is given in Changing Template and its Colours - the Basics . Please also read Read this if you are template designer

Good luck B)

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds