Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Sort threads by creation date and not by most recent post?

More
14 years 5 months ago #1 by gingabox
Hello all,
Thank you for any help in advance. What I am trying to do is sort the thread order by the creation date of the thread rather than the most recent post inside that thread... if that makes sense. I have done quite a bit of redesign on the template but can't seem to find a way to do this little trick.

Below is an image of what I am trying to do... I have outlined in green what I am trying to sort by and the red how it is currently being sorted.

Again, thank you so much for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by gingabox
I've had this up for quite some time, just wanted to bump this topic as its received no reply yet. I really need some sort of idea of how this can be done or IF it is not possible at all.

If it is not possible, is there a way to do custom sticky ordering as there is with phpBB?

Thanks
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by gingabox. Reason: fixed a mistake

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by Matias
It should be pretty easy -- just change tiny bit in (ORDER BY) in SQL query. The problem is that it probably needs to be configurable?

Custom sticky ordering is also possible, but missing GUI. If you have ordering=2,3 etc, they are sorted from largest to smallest. Unfortunately as there's no way to do it from Kunena, it must be done from phpmyadmin. Or create own page for it..

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by gingabox
Hello Matias,
Thank you for pointing me in that direction, I wouldnt have thought about doing it from the database specifically. Would you happen to know what table I would be looking in? jos_categories perhaps? Is there maybe a tutorial on that somewhere or could you give me a little more information on how I could go about setting that?

As always your help is greatly appreciated

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

look in components\com_kunena\template\default_ex\latestx.php, you need to find the right query and add/change the order with the value that you want for order the topics by creation date.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by gingabox
OK, thank you for that information. I will try that tonight and report back.

Thanks again for the assistance :)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #7 by gingabox
OK, so I opened up the latestx.php file but I can't make heads nor tales of it. Forgive my lack of intelligence, I am still learning the ins and outs of all this. Could you possibly point me in the right direction? I believe you are talking about this line, but I am probably wrong (starting to feel pretty stupid):
Code:
ORDER BY ". ($func=="mylatest"?"f.thread DESC, ":"") ."lastpost DESC";

File Attachment:

File Name: latestx.zip
File Size:5 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by gingabox. Reason: post did not allow file upload the first time around

More
13 years 10 months ago #8 by @quila
Hi,

try in this way
Code:
ORDER BY ". ($func=="mylatest"?"f.thread DESC, ":"") ."thread ASC";

BTW: you are using outdated kunena, update is always recommended.

More
13 years 10 months ago #9 by gingabox
Hi @quila,
Thank you for that, I tried your suggestion but did not see any change in the on page ordering.

Thank you for informing me of the update also

Time to create page: 0.550 seconds