Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Merged topic] Advanced Joomla ACL options: NOIX and Kunena

More
14 years 7 months ago - 14 years 4 days ago #1 by ewm
I am investigating how to control user access to forums based upon a users groups.

I am using NOIX ACL 2.0.6 joomlacode.org/gf/project/noixacl/

I have set up my demo site at: blueflyingfish.no-ip.biz/joomla15/

It works!

I created user groups and grant members of that user group to Kunena forums.

Great work Kunena!

ewm
Last edit: 14 years 4 days ago by sozzled. Reason: Merged topic; subject changed by moderator to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #2 by simonC
Hi

I nead to restrict access for a certain group of users to only some forums not all in my forum

Is it possible to achive in Kunena, the easyest way would be to make a new user gropu in joomla but you can't make a new custom group in an easy way, I can't find some free component to achive this.

Any help yould be very aprriceated.

More
14 years 3 months ago #3 by etusha
goo to Forum Administration --> Select Category / Forum (or create a new Category ) --> Forum advanced configuration

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
You can restrict forums to certain Joomla groups. For example, you can restrict the ability to read (as well as write) topics in a forum to, say, registered users. In this way you can prevent guests browsing some topics but still allow them to browse others.

Similarly, you can further restrict certain forums to authors/editors/publishers, if you like. Kunena has this ability (that is what etusha referred to in his message) and it's explained in detail in the documentation Wiki .

Until Joomla 1.6 becomes available, and Kunena 2.0 after that, there's no built-in way to isolate forums for other, user-defined groups. We have discussed several ideas for defining your own groups (if you bothered to search the subject) and here are two examples:
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 3 months ago #5 by simonC
Sozzled thanx for your answer, ver informative ;-)

I found a component that alows you to create a new group in joomla

the component can be found here www.theartofjoomla.com/extensions/control.html

I installed it and it works withowth coding, the only thing that i dont know is what permisions has users in that new group because I cant find where can i set permisions I can only create a group. But for now that is what I neaded, with the new group created I can isolate forums to that group in kunena.

More
14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #6 by Moutas
I have found this post concerning user rights in Joomla & Kunena but the links to the instructions lead nowhere. Does anyone know where I can locate the instructions or if there is an extension that does the same function?

Thanks in advance :)
Last edit: 14 years 3 months ago by Moutas.

More
14 years 3 months ago #7 by sozzled
I don't know the answers but I'm posting here to clarify the original message:

Moutas wrote:

I have found this post concerning user rights in Joomla & Kunena but the links to the instructions lead nowhere.

This is not entirely correct. The reference is to the discussion topic Joomla ACL Hack for user groups + Kunena Inherits the groups without any modification! by a user who hasn't posted here for a couple of months. In that discussion he wrote:

... follow the instructions on this page: www.jeremiahstoddard.com/how-to/5-joomla/4-hacking-joomlas-acl and over here...
docs.joomla.org/Custom_user_groups .

The first of those links is dead (maybe this is what Moutas means when he wrote that "the links to the instructions lead nowhere") but the second link is definitely very much alive. However, the general ideas expressed in that discussion topic are sound even if one of the links is outdated. There may be enough information in the original topic to help Moutas. B)

Rather than starting a new topic, as Moutas has done, perhaps he should have added to the original discussion topic instead? :unsure:

As you are probably aware, Joomla 1.6 will include ACL support. I would imagine that Kunena will utilise this feature down the track. We discussed this a couple of days ago: How will Kunena handle Joomla 1.6 (ACL)?

I wonder if anyone has some updated information to help Moutas. I'm sorry, but I don't. :(

More
14 years 2 months ago #8 by FreeThinker
i also tried this a while back...but could not get it to work.

I can create new groups, and assign users to multiple groups, but when accessing Forum, it does not show up the section assigned just for that user group :(

How did u get it to work ewm?

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by FreeThinker
bump....

*Anyone knows the answer nd/or knows the solution to this issue!?

Thanks & cheers

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by ChaosHead
I use www.theartofjoomla.com/extensions/control.html for creation of groups. But assignment of the user in two groups does not work. I think, this limitation of a forum.

Time to create page: 0.559 seconds