Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Creating an application form that posts into a kunena forum

More
14 years 9 months ago #1 by xtarsia
Ok this is a little complicated, my knowledge of PhP is very very basic - i can come up with the concept/rough idea but going past that from scratch is defo more than i can chew, and this may be too much to ask but im not 100% sure how to go about this.

Basicly i want an application form on my site, with multiple form elements,

say, form-text1, form-text2, form-text3, form-dropdown1, form-dropdown2

the idea is that the input is plain text only, and that once the user submits the form, it all gets added together and posted as a single post in an application subforum.

So lets say they hit "submit" the info gets spliced together like this:

Title area =
(form-text1) & (form-dropdown1) application!

message area =
1st question: (form-text2)
2nd question: (form-text3) and (form-dropdown2)

im pretty sure this is doable, but im not 100% sure how to go about it, and how to do it securely without leaving my site open to attack. having it drop the info directly into the database would work, but i am not sure how to go about making sure ppl are logged in etc either.

Once the basic method is down im pretty certain i could expand it to however a complicated form id like. (copy and paste + some common sense really)

Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by JBHawaii
I would like to know how to do this also, I currently use RSformsPRO, and it would be an excellent function to have.

Mahalo,
JBHawaii

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, guys. Have you looked at Submit forms directly into Kunena posts? Although it's not solved, there are some good ideas and pointers there.

• don gilbert
  • Visitor
14 years 8 months ago #4 by don gilbert
You can add the RSFormPro Mappings plugin to RSForms pro and you should be good to go.

www.rsjoomla.com/customer-support/docume...tabase-mappings.html

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds