Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by cobra
Hi,

How do i solve the following error? This happen when i try to view a hidden post by a user.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /components/com_kunena/template/default/view.php on line 61

Also, after i try to unsubscribe to a thread.

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbsimpleboardtab/cb.simpleboardtab.model.php on line 208

I have used the following code:

if ($holdPost == 0) { $minposts = 2;
if ($kunena_my->id) {
$kunena_db->setQuery("SELECT (count(*)<{$minposts}) AS review FROM jos_fb_messages WHERE userid={$kunena_my->id} AND hold=0");
$kunena_db->query() or trigger_dberror('Unable to load post count from current user.');
$holdPost = $kunena_db->loadResult();
} else $holdPost = 1;
}

What this code does for me is that after 3 posts the msgs are still hidden. Why is this? Posts can only be made when the users register and the administrators do not recieve emails regarding these posts. However, how do i activate these posts that are hidden?

Installed version: Kunena 1.5.5
Legacy: 1.0
Joomla! 1.5.15 Stable
Template = default
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by cobra.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I advise you to upgrade to kunena 1.5.11 and it's better to use default_ex template for kunena.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by cobra
Thanks for your quick reply. The fact is that i'm doing it for a business and they've been online for a while. So it may be tough upgrading everything. Is there any easy way to upgrade this without the database being changed etc.

Also.....will the upgrade have any features like the BAD WORDS filter i have implemented into this original version. I'm also trying to find a way to not allow these bad words that are replaced with a ***, to not be posted at all on the forum.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
I understand you when you have hack, you can't upgrade easily to the last kunena version.

Between k1.5.11 and k1.5.5 there is one little change the table jos_fb_config.

What is the bad word hack that you are using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by cobra
Can you tell me what change that is to the table so i can add it.

Its not really a hack.....just a tempory code until i actually make it better for their website. I have been using codes similar to and adding each line with the bad word(s):

$fb_message_txt = str_replace("bugger","******",$fb_message_txt);

Its not great, but stops all the msg's using bad words. It can easily be made better.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, cobra, and welcome to Kunena. :)

I have moved your topic from the Support category into the Hacks, Tips and Tricks category in the hope that maybe someone (who is still familiar with K 1.5.5 which was made obsolete about 8 months ago) might be interested in helping you with your very specific problems.

Allow me to make a personal observation - I'm not going to criticise you or others who find themselves in this situation - about the dangers of over-customising websites.

Even from the time that K 1.0.7b first appeared on the scene, users have asked questions about how they could change this or how they could change that. Judging from the number of questions asked by some of our regulars, some users must have made 20+ customisations to their websites and, when confronted by an unsolvable problem they are challenged beyond their ability to upgrade because they risk "losing" all those customisations.

Well, I'm sorry to say, for many of those users who have kludged, fudged, band-aided, patched-up, lobotomised and crippled Kunena because they like how their version "looks" ... I have little sympathy.

The biggest problem is that Kunena has been a moving target for over 12 months. In the past year there have been 13 releases; that's means that each version has had an average lifetime of less than 4 weeks before it has been made obsolete by a new version. With such a high turnover, is it any wonder that I question the lengths that people go to to implement and support their hacks, changes and customisations? Is it any wonder that, when people change this, change that, change something else that their changes are short-lived but worse, because they've painted themselves into a corner, they "can't" upgrade?

I cannot accept "can't" in this context. I think it's more a case of users who are reluctant or too lazy to upgrade! Let it go, move on, get ahead ...

So, I make things easy on myself. I work from the principle that Kunena is not totally solid (well, K 1.5.11 is the most solid version that I've used up to now) and, knowing this, I don't make any changes to the product for the websites where I have installed it. This means that I can install a new version in virtually no time at all, instead of agonising over what "customisations" I need to research and figure out how to reapply.

I have one other point to make, too. Because Kunena has been a fast-changing product in its [relatively] short time, the more experienced Kunena users among us have kept up-to-date with the latest release. For the most part we have forgotten about (or have scant interest in) "issues" that users are only now experiencing with versions that went out-of-date months ago. It's simply impossible for a small team of enthusiasts and volunteers to support every version of Kunena that's ever been released. For that reason, only the latest stable version (currently K 1.5.11) is supported.

I wouldn't let one or two "little" hacks get in the way of progress and I would upgrade.

As far as the "bad words" filter is concerned, see Badword2 - myth or it really works? which is probably a bit of a bugger, eh? ;)
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds