Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Important Badword2 - myth or it really works?

More
14 years 11 months ago #1 by KoPoJIb
Dear Kunena Support

My team is launching official football festival website in town in few weeks. Unfortunately, we are experiencing serious problems with BADWORD COMPONENT. After 2 days of reading forums and applying BADWORD2 ( www.schoolastech.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1 ), came to conclusion that it does not work. Actually, this thread reports about problems as well www.kunena.com/forum?func=view&catid=20&id=3446#3805 .

Main problems are :
-after successful installation of comBadWord2beta, when you go to component itself there is an error message saying that
Warning: file() [function.file]: Filename cannot be empty in /home/.../domains/.../public_html/administrator/components/com_badwords2/admin.badwords2.php on line 174
-Additionally, when you try to delete or add new badword, it says config file is protected. When I go to server to chane permissions of the file, it does not allow me because file has server permissions.

We are very tired and a bit disappointed. However, we believe that if there is a such filtering plugin that it should work. How about your forum on kunena.com? do you use any filtering components?

I would like kindly to ask whether you could assist us in this as we are expecting high volumes of visitors from different countries and we need to keep a good image of our favourite Kunena forum.

Thank you very much. We hope that this problem shall be resolved soon.

Regards,
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
I experimented with Badword2. It's probably a myth. See also bad words component?

I don't think this is a support problem for Kunena. It's just something left over from the old Fireboard days.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: not a support problem

More
14 years 11 months ago #3 by grumblemarc
The developer of the extension would have to update it for use with Kunena. Just because Kunena integrates with it does not make it a Kunena problem when it doesn't work. Anyone know if this extension is still being developed? And if so will they make in compatible?

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
14 years 11 months ago #4 by KoPoJIb
Guys, thanks for your comments. But I believe if Kunena possess itself as leading forum in Joomla and I see it is!!!!! then such simple feature should be resolved. It is not because only me needed. It is because badword filtering goes as a standard feature in most forums. I would like to suggest raise this topic with developers! Can somebody do this?

The main problem I see is that official and respected websites may not be willing to use it for obvious reasons. I think filtering badwords is a critical feature!

More
14 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled
Agreed. What, I believe GM is saying is that it's not within scope for the Kunena development team to develop a word filtering component. If no-one else is prepared to develop a word filtering component that will easily slot-into Kunena then that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #6 by Matias
We will soon remove bad words integration from Kunena.

We are also looking for other solutions: all proposals are welcome!

If you know a good word filtering component for Joomla! 1.5, please let us know.
Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Matias.

More
14 years 11 months ago #7 by grumblemarc
Maybe create your own?

More
14 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
Matias wrote:

We will soon remove bad words integration from Kunena.

We are also looking for other solutions: all proposals are welcome!

If you know a good word filtering component for Joomla! 1.5, please let us know.

In that case this discussion is certainly not about support. Perhaps it (and the "duplicate" discussion) could be moved the the "about Kunena" category? :huh:

More
14 years 11 months ago #9 by grumblemarc
The original post was a support quesdtion.

More
14 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
Off-topic @ GM: Yes, but the Matias' answer states that the matter concerns a legacy from Fireboard that was dependent on a third-party product (that doesn't work), that isn't now supported by Kunena and that won't be available in a future release of Kunena ... if you get my meaning. ;)

Time to create page: 0.575 seconds