Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Delete Quick Reply from Board Posts

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by stgeorge
I need to get rid of the 'Quick Reply' from the Forum.

I have found references to this button in:
components/com_kunena/template/default/
message.php
view.php

I have deleted the references, but the dammed button will not go away and functions anyway.

Does anyone know what other files contain this button.

version 1.5.12

Never say Never. Anything is Possible!
winfoes.co.uk
The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I advise you to upgrade to k1.5.14 and to disable this button look in : /components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by WoodExa

xillibit wrote: Hello,

I advise you to upgrade to k1.5.14 and to disable this button look in : /components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php

Myproblem is sort of similar to the original poster here, but are you sure this is the correct path? I've got no view.php at that location at least, I've got one in /components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view/view.php but I can't see what's in it that corresponds to this issue, but.. :)

Anyhows, should there be a view.php file in the default template base folder?
More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
The default template in k1.5 should never been used, please use default_ex template

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by WoodExa
I'm using Blue Eagle (default) 1.6.3, is that a no-go to work with if one want to customize it as well?
More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Before I respond to your question, I was under the impression that you were abandoning Kunena in order to go back to phpBB3. Did I misunderstand what you wrote elsewhere?
More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by WoodExa
No, you didn't misunderstand.
Half an hour after writing the question in this thread I ran into even more Kunena problems when customizing so I made the post regarding not continuing and help not being needed after all.

That said, for other users that might end up with the same problems I had..
"Before I respond to your question, I was under the impression that you were abandoning Kunena in order to go back to phpBB3. Did I misunderstand what you wrote elsewhere? "
vs
"Blue Eagle is a good starting point if you want to customize"
or
"I would rather choose x template if I wanted to customize"

Point being.. I think you would have spent less time actually answering the question than what you did with actually not answering it.
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #8 by stgeorge
I deleted the entries in the directory:
components/com_kunena/template/default_ex

Search for:
fb_qr_fire

The html
messages.php
The Javascript
view.php

WoodExa and xillibit

The Javascript and html to delete:
winfoes.co.uk/forum/Joomla-Extensions/24...from-Forum-Posts#241

Never say Never. Anything is Possible!
winfoes.co.uk
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by stgeorge.
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #9 by sozzled

WoodExa wrote: Point being.. I think you would have spent less time actually answering the question than what you did with actually not answering it.

Very well, I will answer your question:

You wrote

My problem is sort of similar to the original poster here, but are you sure this is the correct path?

Look at the category in which this topic is posted: K 1.5 Hacks, Tricks and Tips . There is a file in the folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/view.php in K 1.5.x. There is no such file in K 1.6.x which might explain why you could not find such a file as you wrote:

I'm using Blue Eagle (default) 1.6.3 ...

Anyone could have told you that information but, as you seemed disiniterested in knowing the answer (because I was under the impression that you were abandoning Kunena to return to phpBB3), I wanted to be sure there was some value in giving you that advice.

This entire category - K 1.5 Hacks, Tricks and Tips - is a "no-go" for people who want to customise K 1.6. The file structures and database in K 1.5 are very different to the file structures and database in K 1.6. Before you ask "where is the K 1.6 'hacks, tips and tricks' category?" the answer is that there is no such category. We considered the value of having such a category for K 1.6 and decided that it was not in keeping with our primary role which is to ensure that people are able to deploy the standard Kunena package on their website. Even though, in our opinion, K 1.6.x is actually easier to deploy, update and maintain than its predecessors, many people have enough other problems - 95% of which were caused by other software that they've installed - without the project team expending its scarce resources in advising users how to hack, cripple or customise Kunena to meet their own, unique wishes.

That having been said, we encourage the community to respond with their own solutions. My task here, in moderating the forum, is to help put people in touch with answers; my task is not necessarily to answer the questions that people ask. I would ask you to keep that in mind in future. Thank you.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.
More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #10 by WoodExa
Fair enough, thanks for your time and for your answer! :)

And yeah, I missed that this was 1.5 related so a response like "This is regarding 1.5, not 1.6" would have done it for me :)

And... "without the project team expending its scarce resources in advising users how to hack, cripple or customise Kunena to meet their own, unique wishes.".. not called for mate! No need to be rude, all I was asking in my original question was how to change my ccs file so that my custom buttons worked. I wasn't breaking it apart, it's ccs related, that's all! :D And believe me, more people will wonder about this in the future.

But yep, for my project now I'm using phpbb3, I'm not saying I'll never use Kunena again, which still makes this a valid topic for me to discuss.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by WoodExa.
Time to create page: 0.385 seconds