Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Grouping threads

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by FroboZ
Grouping threads was created by FroboZ
Hi,

I'm running a forum for a roleplaying game, in this situation the amount of threads that stories are spread over quickly gets out of hand. Therefor I would like to make a little hack that would let me group threads together depending on which story they belong to. What I'm hoping to do in the end is to have a separate tab like the latest posts and my posts tabs where all the plots are listed and you can click on them to expand them to see all the threads that belong to that story.

I figure a good way to do this is to simply put a 'plot' column in the fb_messages table and then write a simple php script to pull out all the threads with the same plot name and list them. I'd appreciate any advice on which files about where in them I should modify to be able to add in basicly an additional subject field on the posting form (i intend for the user to write in which plot the thread will be a part of) and where I would place the corresponding php code to catch the plot name and write it into the database (I've been looking around in the fb php files and can't find where the variables sent from the post form are picked up)

So thanks in advance for any help on this!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.403 seconds