Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Change categories page title

More
13 years 4 months ago #1 by hupston
Hello all

I have Joomla 1.5.18 installed with Kunena version 1.5.11

When a user clicks to go to the forum they default land on the categories page. The title for the page in a web browser is Categories - forum name.

Is there a way I can manually edit this to make a better page title? I understand under kunena configuration I change the board name and this displays as part of the page title. but this also will appear in emails if a user gets notified of a reply to a post they are participating in so not ideal. I would like to get rid off categories as part of the page title and just make a better seo title.

Is this possible at all please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, hupston, and welcome to Kunena.

hupston wrote: I have Joomla 1.5.18 installed with Kunena version 1.5.11

Why are you using this outdated software? Please upgrade Joomla 1.5.18 to J! 1.5.22 immediately.

Kunena 1.5.11 is not supported. Is this a new installation of Kunena that you are running? Why did you choose that version when there are later versions available?

hupston wrote: When a user clicks to go to the forum they default land on the categories page. The title for the page in a web browser is Categories - forum name. Is there a way I can manually edit this to make a better page title?

What would you like that's better? You might find K 1.6 is better for you. Have a look at the page titles here at www.kunena.org . Are they better?

More
13 years 4 months ago #3 by hupston
Hello

Many thanks for your reply.

These are the versions that my web designer installed when he built the site earlier this year. Will look at upgrading but a bit nervous as I know it can end up making a mess of the site if not carefull.

Yes they are a better page title. When i say better seo titles I mean instead at the moment it being "categories - carp forum " I want to change it to something like " Carp forum, discuss all things carp in our friendly forum" etc. something like that basically.

Does the latest Kunena allow for manually creating titles?

Thanks again mate.

More
13 years 4 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
No version of Kunena allows for the customising of page titles as you have described your requirements. If you're handy with PHP programming you can change things around to suit your purposes. I don't have a quick answer for you at the moment. Perhaps someone else can show you what you might be able to do. Please remember: if you change it, you're responsible for whatever happens afterwards.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #5 by neputevy

Time to create page: 0.515 seconds