Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question K 1.5 hack to produce same SEO META information as K 1.6

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by lafanter

fxstein wrote:

lafanter wrote: So there must be some thing new in 1.6 meta generators

this is meta info from my demo site running latest Joomla 1.5.x and latest Kunena 1.5.x

Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="Welcome to Kunena!, Main Forum, Kunena, Forum, AutoBlog" /> <meta name="description" content="Joomla! - the dynamic portal engine and content management system. Welcome to Kunena! (1/1) - Main Forum - Welcome Mat - Kunena Forum" />

and here are the same meta tags from this page
Code:
<meta name="keywords" content="What is the best SEO for the forum, Kunena 1.5, Kunena, Forum, Kunena - To Speak! Next Generation Forum Component for Joomla" /> <meta name="description" content="As the built in joomla SEO is not up to the task. It shows page title of the thread as &amp;quot;keywords&amp;quot; and main joomla description as the &amp;quot;description&amp;quot;. I want some SE..." />

you can see the difference.

So is it some thing to do with new 1.6 version that the meta information is very relevant to the thread ? specially the description.

Yes this a Kunena 1.6 feature. We have improved the SEO Meta generation of the forum.

can I get some sort of a hack for 1.5 to produce same kind of META information please please please
I have spent like million hrs on joomla/jomsocial/kunena to look and feel like one component and I cannot afford to upgrade to 1.6 and fix this new and very different template according to my needs.
thanks

A website dedicated to Lafanters Lafanters.com ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #2 by lafanter
nothing ?

ok, can some one please tell me what PHP files do I need to edit. I ll do it myself. please

Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by lafanter.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by Raptor
This is something I really would like to see. The current description Kunena produces is really bad for SEO purposes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by codesdesigns
Very good cuestion Lafanter.Really Kunena no have more good seo in the metas.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5 by sozzled

Raptor wrote: The current description Kunena produces is really bad for SEO purposes.

codesdesigns wrote: Really Kunena no have more good seo in the metas.

lafanter is looking for answers to his questions - questions that, I'm sorry to say, I can't help with. If others want to use this topic to air their personal views about whether K 1.5 is lousy in the search engine department then I don't think their helping lafanter. If you want to air your personal opinions about Kunena then please use a more suitable, general category for those purposes. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by Raptor

sozzled wrote: lafanter is looking for answers to his questions - questions that, I'm sorry to say, I can't help with. If others want to use this topic to air their personal views about whether K 1.5 is lousy in the search engine department then I don't think their helping lafanter. If you want to air your personal opinions about Kunena then please use a more suitable, general category for those purposes. Thank you.

His question is the same as mine, weird you did not realize that.

It would be nice if someone could help us with this problem.

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by Cerberus
ok i will help you with this one IF you want the new meta tagging included in k1.6 the the answer is simple go install K1.6 :) and jobs done..

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by Raptor

Cerberus wrote: ok i will help you with this one IF you want the new meta tagging included in k1.6 the the answer is simple go install K1.6 :) and jobs done..

Obviously that's not an option. Thank you for your contribution.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #9 by sozzled
raptor: I do realise the issues involved. lafanter is looking for a solution, as you and others may also be looking for a solution, too.

K 1.6 is a solution; it may not be a solution for lafanter, perhaps, but it is one option. ;)

As much as I respect your opinions, I ask you to please respect mine: we're here to help, not to debate. The Hacks, Tips and Tricks category is for users to help one another to develop alternative users for the forum software; it's not for expressing opinions about the existing design.

I agree with you: it would be nice if someone could help you with your problems. :)
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lafanter

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by lafanter
Well for some people upgrading to 1.6 is not a option. If some one tell me which files to look for and edit, I might spend some time and create some sort of hack to improve 1.5 meta tags.

I understand developers are busy with the new version :)

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds