Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Question about Adverts using Kunena_msg_x

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by bigmike0601
It works fine for me, but now I want to display only in 1 of my many categories. Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by @quila
Hi bigmike

all is possible with hack. Open the file message.php and at the and you will find that code
Code:
<!-- Begin: Message Module Positions --> <?php if (JDocumentHTML::countModules('kunena_msg_'.$mmm)) { ?> <div class = "kunena_msg_<?php echo $mmm; ?>"> <?php $document = &JFactory::getDocument(); $renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules'); $options = array('style' => 'xhtml'); $position = 'kunena_msg_'.$mmm; echo $renderer->render($position, $options, null); ?> </div> <?php } ?> <!-- Finish: Message Module Positions -->
Replace with this
Code:
<!-- Begin: Message Module Positions --> <?php if (JDocumentHTML::countModules('kunena_msg_'.$mmm.'_'.$catid)) { ?> <div class = "kunena_msg_<?php echo $mmm; ?>_<?php echo $catid;?>"> <?php $document = &JFactory::getDocument(); $renderer = $document->loadRenderer('modules'); $options = array('style' => 'xhtml'); $position = 'kunena_msg_'.$mmm.'_'.$catid; echo $renderer->render($position, $options, null); ?> </div> <?php } ?> <!-- Finish: Message Module Positions -->

Now publish your module in position "kunena_msg_x_y" where x is number of post (like before) and y is number of category where will show module.

Hope this helps

Regards

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by bigmike0601
@quila,

Thanks so much, I have additional questions though. Using this modified code. Can i still publish other banners on all catergories using the original "kunena_msg_x"?

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by @quila
sorry bigmike for delay

yes you can if you dont remouve old code, just add new code and you can use both position.

Only one thing, if you go in that way in some cat. you'll have two modules published, but you can publish one after first message and other after second.

Regards

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds