Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question SMF Plugin (specific) to Kunena/Jomsocial

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by spiffywilco
I've got a really, really specific question that I can't figure out the answer to despite my best efforts.

I've got a website that supports a group of players for the game eve online, and we currently use Joomla/Jomsocial with Kunena forums hooked into the user data registered through Jomsocial.

Currently we would love to have a feature added to the forum that would draw data from each users API entered through the registration/profile area.

Right now there is a plugin for this kind of integration for SMF (can be found here: www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1048702 ) But I can't for the life of me figure out how I would be able to integrate this into Kunena. Is this sort of thing even possible?

Basically what the plugin/script would do is take the User ID and API-Key from each player that enters it in Jomsocial, and applies it to the forum under their avatar (and in jomsocial if at all possible). The data displayed is their in-game character name, and stats. Everyone would really love to have this kind of integration, but we've only seen it on SMF and I haven't seen any other players that use Kunena. I'd love to keep Kunena versus using SMF as it's pretty ugly.

Thanks,
Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.501 seconds