Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Adding area for images to user post?

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by Jailescape
I want to make it possible for us to add custom images to the profile next to the user post.

Also, this is more of a joomla question but, how can I shorten links on the site? Right now a link going to a topic in the forums is: aaeglobal.modernclans.com/index.php?opti...=view&catid=5&id=478

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
It's difficult, when we receive questions like this that involve two, often unrelated, subjects in the one posting, trying to keep things simple so that other people (who may have similar issues of their own) know where to look. Many times when the topic starts off dealing with one subject, but a second (or secondary) issue is introduced, the discussion tends to wander off-topic. I'll try to separate the two issues in order to help you.

(1) Adding custom content to the user profile: In order to add additional, customised content, like "special" images for different users, in the profile area of the Kunena forum you will need to modify the core Kunena code. That's the current situation in K 1.5.x. It's a little different in K 1.6.

My conclusions in this regard are that you need to somehow add an extra piece of information in the _fb_users table (and devise a way of updating it) and you would also need to pick up that information and display it in view.php. How you go about devising this is going to be tricky and I haven't got any suggestions. There isn't anything, currently built into Kunena, to allow you to do this easily. In effect, you need to have another component to perform the user profiling aspects and you need to integrate that profile component into Kunena.

Perhaps you know of a component that will do this for you or perhaps someone else is aware of such a component?

(2) Shortening the URL link: I'm not quite sure what you mean here. Obviously, you can create an "alias" link, if you like, such as link . I created the "link" with the following BBcode:
Code:
[url=http://www.microsoft.com]link[/url]
Have I understood your question correctly and is my suggestion useful to you? :dry:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.545 seconds