Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Customizing the Registration Page

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by freddiepete
I've noticed that on some forums they require the user to read the terms and conditions, check off a checkbox stating that he/she has acknowledged the rules, then the user can register. Has anyone else achieved this type of functionality through Kunena? Thanks in advance, any info is appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
This question has been asked before and, at this stage, there's not much help that I can suggest. I'm sure you didn't intend it in your question, but to clarify a couple of issues for a few of our newer users, Kunena isn't responsible for user registration or login. In this sense, perhaps the following statement might help point you in the right direction:

Kunena is not responsible for user registration, pure and simple. User registration is a Joomla function that may, or may not, be assisted by other components such as JomSocial or Community Builder or others. Kunena makes it possible to utilise these other components.

Some of these other extensions include the means to require users to read and acknowledge the site's terms of use (code of conduct, conditions and responsibilities, site policy or whatever you call it).

Perhaps, one day, Kunena will have its own user registration/profiling/social networking features but these do not exist at the moment in the form that many users seem to want. Does that help you? :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by freddiepete
That's cool, thanks for the info. By other extensions do you mean extensions for Kunena or other forums?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
By "other extensions" I mean other extensions developed for Joomla . :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by freddiepete
Thanks, if anyone else is interested in something like this, AlphaRegistration is where it is at: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-.../authentication/7727

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by dodo
Maybe this is not the best place to ask this question but can someone please tell me how can I add alpharegistration to kunena? I installed it and tried hard to find this answer but has been no luck. Btw, thank you kunena team for making this great great thing. :kiss:

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by Odin Vegtamr
You can use components like Community Builder (free and for me the best in this area) or Jomsocial (paid, and more static). There you can configurate the T&C. MI recomendation is community builder, is the one that I use in mi site.

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds