Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question pdf export

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by maxxdesign
pdf export was created by maxxdesign
I recently upgrade Kunena to the latest 1.5.11 release and in the meanwhile Joomla to 1.5.17
PDF export does not work: a file.pdf is generated but the file size in only 4KB (too small for a over 250 message thread) and the Reader says it not a correct PDF file.
The forum is on this URL: www.elemirezolla.org/index.php?option=co...a&Itemid=133&lang=it
Anyone experienced this issue?
The following user(s) said Thank You: neebrad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: pdf export
Hello,

I have just tried, i have this :

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/www/elemirezolla.org/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php on line 2749

Maybe try on local machine, i don't exactly where is the source of the issue.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by maxxdesign
Replied by maxxdesign on topic Re: pdf export
I try to create PDF in Safari but the following window appears after a while:

Adobe Reader could not open 'file.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)

And then i f a reload the page: "File does not begin with '%PDF-'."

Where can I try the setting of the func=fb_pdf called from the PDF menu line?

I try to build PDF as well as user as admin but the same error occurs.

I checked out my php.ini settings and all works fine (when I activate the tcpdf writer incuded in Jooomla the page will correctly saved as PDF)
The following user(s) said Thank You: neebrad

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
You have maybe a error somewhere in the kunena lib which generate the pdf .

Do you have the same issue with threads with less posts by example 10 posts ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by maxxdesign
No I have already exported the same thread with about 50 messages but yet the messages are 246: I would like to archive them before to close the thread, what do you suggest about. Can you say me which code part in the kunena.pdf.php must I inspect? I thought to reinstall the kunema component after saving the mysql tables (at lest the fb_messages_text) but I suppose that is not the solution.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by maxxdesign
I have another doubt: on this code line

127 $pdf->selectFont('./fonts/Helvetica.afm'); //choose font

is supposed a fonts folder that I do not found in Kunena installation and if it is refered to joomla package the Helvetica.afm is not the default font for pdf creation (throguh tcpdf library) but the correct one by language.xml file is freesans.

By the tcpdf config I changed the default font to freesans and the joomla pdf export work correctly even for a 180KB pdf file.

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by maxxdesign
I recently update the Kunena software to latest stable versioneas well the Joomla code to 1.5.18 but the export function in Kunena Forum fails as previously: a PDF file of 4KB is built up but the AcroReadear says:
Adobe Reader could not open 'file.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded).
I think the question is in the 252 post of the thread I attempt to export because with smaller threads the bug is not revealed.
I checked out my server setting as well php.ini parameters but is all ok; the question remains where is the code problem in Kunena and how must modify the pdf generator function?
No one else encountered this problem?

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by maxxdesign
:( Please anyone can try to test this link and eventually says me where is the bug in Kunena code or in php settings.
I need to export the thread in PDF before to close definitively and store the file for next purpose, but I obtain only a 4Kb PDF file that Acrobat won't open for the issue said in the previous message.

here the link to test:

www.elemirezolla.org/index.php?option=co...tid=12&id=13&lang=it

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by maxxdesign
I installed the class.ezpdf script in the includes joomla directory and now a PDF will be genrated but the file is not correctly encoded and Acrobat cannot read it as well.
Anymore a suggestion from anyone?

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by xillibit
Still the same error :
Code:
<br /> <b>Fatal error</b>: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in <b>/home/www/elemirezolla.org/libraries/tcpdf/tcpdf.php</b> on line <b>1834</b><br />

Try to increase the maximum execution time and memory limit in your php.ini.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds