Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Steam News Feed Automaticly Posted in Forum

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by C0n
store.steampowered.com/news/

I was just woundering if its possible to make something that automaticly post's the steam news / updates into the forum like a discuss bot :D

it may be something highly advanced im looking for im not sure :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
I went to the site and scrolled down, down, down ... down ... ... down ... and never reached the end in order to find out what actually powers that site! :ohmy: From the looks of it it's nothing like any standard news aggregator that I've encountered before and it certainly doesn't have that Joomla "feel" about it (both of which might be complicating factors in developing a solution).

We had a discussion on similar lines to this a while ago - I made the passing observation at the time that, in my opinion, I felt this was a plain lazy way of filling up a forum without having to make any effort: see Import RSS feeds of other forums into Kunena forum? .

But, hey, who am I to pass judgement on these needs? If you want it bad enough, go knock yourself out building a solution. I reckon there's a small fortune to be made from people who want a way to fill up their forums really fast without having to write anything! :laugh:

• C0n
  • C0n's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Only the strongest will survive
More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by C0n
yh i read that post :) im only using this for one of my forum catergories and posting everysingle update steam release means visiting the steam news site everyday :( and ive been posting them all one by one by one ^_^ kind of borring just wish there was a soloution for all feeds and this problem.

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by Cerberus
sadly no movement on this in 3 months even SMF have updated there version of this and works like a charm such a shame that there is not a version working for Kunena. :(

SMF version:

File Attachment:

File Name: RSSFeedPoster2.3.zip
File Size:24 KB
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds