Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Removing kunena footer on backend

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by hanos27
I'm new in kunena..
anyone know how to remove the footer on the backend..
hope u guys can help me..
here is my screen shot..
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
We do not provide that kind of information on how to remove the copyright notice from either the frontend or the backend. We do not endorse hacks or mechanisms that remove the copyright information. See Changing the "Powered by" link .
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by ShArK
This question makes me cry... Why do people want to remove the copyright of the respectful owners :( They've put very hard work in this for a very long time, and they want to edit out copyright.. (I'm sorry to post this, but I had to get this off my chest)
More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by earthrat
In a nutshell here are my reasons. For one leaving ANYTHING Joomla related on a site is an invitation telling hackers "Hey I have a Joomla site and I just made it obvious so please try to hack my site". Then there is the fact that NONE of my clients are webmaster and the people that use their forums are not webmasters. So the potential for a sale for these extensions is 0, nothing, nadaa!

Then there is the basic fact that I PAID for this extension to use on MY site and I should be able to decide what is displayed on the site, NOT the extension developer! I am all for supporting and giving credit where credit is due. It is not professional, nor is it acceptable practice for any company (big or small) to feel they should dictate what I do and do not show on my website.

The bottom line is this action on these extension developers part is rude and takes the control away from me to deliver a quality, simple solution for my clients. The less clutter on a site the better and linking to something that my clients have no clue about is ridiculous and servers absolutely no purpose for them!
More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #5 by sozzled
I will simply restate what we have written before:

sozzled wrote: We do not provide that kind of information on how to remove the copyright notice from either the frontend or the backend. We do not endorse hacks or mechanisms that remove the copyright information. See Changing the "Powered by" link .

The retention of the information has nothing to do with whether or not you paid for the extension. It's simply a matter of understanding the licensing terms. If you want to use Kunena then you have to accept the licensing terms; if you don't accept the licensing terms, then you should not use Kunena.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by severdia
This issue is actually quote simple. Kunena, like Joomla, is freely distributed under the GPL. The conditions of the GPL are stated here:

www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html

If you modify Kunena in any way, you must retain the copyright information in order to be compliant with the GPL. This also means if you fork it (the original Fireboard copyright notices are still in Kunena from the fork). The moment you remove any copyright notice you are in violation. Not only do you break the law, but you violate the spirit of open source software we all work so hard to support.

The "Powered by Kunena" link isn't a copyright notice. It's an acknowledgement of sorts. You can remove it if you wish, but don't be surprised if nobody wants to help you do it. I recommend against removing the footer in the backend because it contains the version & build information and there's no backend MVC in Joomla to prevent it from being overwritten when you upgrade.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Time to create page: 0.755 seconds