Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Reducing the Vertical Wasted Space

More
14 years 3 weeks ago - 14 years 3 weeks ago #1 by GoremanX
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I couldn't find anything about it, then I solved it myself, and thought I'd share my method for others who are interested.

I used the hack for moving avatars and profile info to the left of the message, as outlined here:
www.kunena.com/forum/114-hacks/20161-kun...-on-right-side#20161
But it was bugging me how much vertical space each post takes up. It makes it harder to zip through a thread, each one is so huge regardless of how much text is in it. Here's an example:

So while looking through the message.php file (at /components/com_kunena/template/default_ex/), I noticed this interesting bit of completely useless code at line 330:
Code:
<td class = "fb-msgview-left-b">&nbsp; </td>

It's an empty table cell right below the profile/avatar box. It just sits there and wastes however much vertical space is used up by the signature and post reply/moderation buttons. It's entirely useless, because the non-breaking space is being put there explicitly by the php code. It's not a variable. So to fix this, I made the following changes to the message.php file:

I added a rowspan option to line 62, like so:
Code:
<td class = "fb-msgview-left"rowspan="2">

And I commented out lines 330 to 332 like so:
Code:
<!-- <td class = "fb-msgview-left-b">&nbsp; </td> -->

This helped a fair bit, now short posts don't take up nearly as much vertical space:

Now remember, this is with the hack for putting the profile/avatar on the left. I don't know if this works the same on the standard message.php file.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 14 years 3 weeks ago by GoremanX.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ChaosHead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by ChaosHead
There is a small bug. I have drawn it on a screenshot.

To correct, change:
In kunena.forum.css
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-right-b { vertical-align:top;
to
Code:
#Kunena td.fb-msgview-right-b { vertical-align:bottom;
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by ChaosHead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds