Kunena 5.2 RC3 Released (Yesterday)

The Kunena team is thrilled to announce the third public release candidate of Kunena 5.2, a native Joomla extension for Joomla 3.9. This is a development release and should be only be used for testing; this version is not recommended for live websites at this stage.

The purpose of this release is to encourage testing by downloading, installing and identifying any problems or shortcomings that people may discover. K 5.2.0 RC3 is stable and we are aware that people will discover defects. We encourage you to use the forum to report defects, as soon as they are discovered, so that the development team can work through the problems before the release of K 5.1 as a stable product. Reporting defects does not mean that the problems can or will be fixed. The Kunena team is looking forward to hearing your feedback on how well we have achieved our design goals.

Question Hiding IP

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #11 by kanna84
Replied by kanna84 on topic Re:Hiding IP
Is it possible to hide the ip address?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by kanna84.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #12 by kanna84
Replied by kanna84 on topic Re:Hiding IP
Information is good.. But you can explain me that how to hide the ip address from others...? I checkout my ip address from here www.whoisxy.com/ @ free of costs... Also in here we can get the domain name process details...

More
10 years 5 months ago #13 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re:Hiding IP
Hiding IP from the messages? Only moderators and admins can see IP.

More
9 years 7 months ago #14 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re:Hiding IP
Can the IP be hidden completely even from Admnins, or just visible to Super Admin? If so, can I get some help here to do just that? This is for versions 1.5 not 1.6 that I am asking this question for.

File Attachment:
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

More
9 years 7 months ago #15 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Hiding IP
Good question. I think the answer is no, you cannot distinguish between admins and super admins (well, not as far as the tecnique mentioned earlier in this topic is concerned) because the PHP variable $uIsAdm is true if the logged-in account is either an admin or a super admin. I haven't looked at the code to see how to define condition for super admins that differs from other admins. My guess is that there is probably a way to do that and it's probably been posted in the Joomla support forum.

Interestesting question. I don't know the technical answer.

More
9 years 7 months ago #16 by CheechDogg
Replied by CheechDogg on topic Re: Hiding IP

sozzled wrote: Good question. I think the answer is no, you cannot distinguish between admins and super admins (well, not as far as the tecnique mentioned earlier in this topic is concerned) because the PHP variable $uIsAdm is true if the logged-in account is either an admin or a super admin. I haven't looked at the code to see how to define condition for super admins that differs from other admins. My guess is that there is probably a way to do that and it's probably been posted in the Joomla support forum.

Interestesting question. I don't know the technical answer.

I kindah figured that would be the case zozzled. I have been looking to see what I can possibly do myself but still no luck since I am not a too PHP savvy, :( .

But thanks for answering the question sozzled, I appreciate it a ton. But what I did do for now was just commented the display of the IP address all together.

File Attachment:
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds