Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Import RSS feeds of other forums into Kunena forum?

More
14 years 8 months ago #1 by kbellare
I'm planning to host Kunena forum on a Joomla1.5 site and i thought i'd read a feature where i could import RSS feeds of other forum topics and threads into my Kunena forum.

If it exists, could you point me to how i can set that up - didn't see it in my admin panel.

thanks
Kiran

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago - 14 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
kbellare wrote:

I'm planning to host Kunena forum on a Joomla1.5 site and i thought i'd read a feature where i could import RSS feeds of other forum topics and threads into my Kunena forum.

If it exists, could you point me to how i can set that up - didn't see it in my admin panel.

That story sounds fishy to me, mate :laugh:

Even if such a feature existed, how would you envisage using it? RSS feeds, as you know, constantly change - from hour to hour or minute to minute. Are you suggesting you would like to have a constantly changing, continually growing source of discussion topics for your forum without you or your users creating them for yourselves? I'm sorry, but the idea doesn't make much sense to me. Kunena is a message forum for your users to discuss issues, thoughts, ideas, etc. You could point your users to an RSS feed (from a Joomla menu item) and invite comments but I fail to understand how you could automatically create discussion topics from RSS feeds. These, of course, are merely my thoughts on the subject.
Last edit: 14 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 8 months ago #3 by kbellare

More
14 years 6 months ago #4 by charles robbie
Hmmmmm

I am a fanatic of VBulletin. Because I can not afford a third licence for a "free site" I am now using free stuff :(

This feature is available for VBulletin and is a MUST for any forum..
It also improves your google ranking as the "content" is constantly improving and increasng. On one of my forums where I have this activated, a google ranking of 3 on these pages!!!!!!!The result..I now get 1000's of hits a day!

As the website that I am using Kunena on is a "free" site for games...I would like to see a module for this...It is in everyones interest!

Look...the RSS feed is turned into a POST for every feed snippet...admittedly you end up with many feeds, BUT you can set a cron to delete threads/posts after x number of days in the module.

More
14 years 6 months ago #5 by etusha

More
14 years 6 months ago #6 by Incipience
agreed.. nothing sinister.. this is an essential tool in forums, especially those subject related forums that members could benefit from Slashdot feeds and Google News.

Sozzled this technology has been around in forums for many years.. while others may use it for non-standard content posting.. the majority use if for bona-fide means.

More
14 years 4 months ago #7 by jpc0480
I would like to see this as well. It would be nice to have this option so that way you can generate new topics and have a more complete "looking" forum. At least until you have established the users to do this on your own.

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18

More
14 years 4 months ago #8 by miamiman
Would somebody please confirm that this is IN FACT possible? such as with VBulletin?

More
14 years 4 months ago #9 by jpc0480
it is.

Kunena 3.0.4
CB 1.9.1
Joomla 2.5.18

More
14 years 4 months ago #10 by miamiman
Thanks jpc,

Any other solutions for Kunena to import RSS feeds?

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds