Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question I didn't know where else to put this

More
15 years 2 months ago #1 by mstephan
For educational purposes I was wondering if there is any way you can put mathematics symbols in the forum
when ever I try to add them I get a ton of error messages

I also think it would be a great idea for there to be a symbols button that opens up like the smiles so you can input symbols. (Kind of like Microsoft Word's symbols)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #2 by MasterVision
you can simply create smilies for your Mathematical Symbols and upload it together with your Emoticons.

that might work...

More
15 years 2 months ago #3 by Matias
mstephan: can you give an example on how you would like to do this? Using math xml?

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #4 by mstephan
I'm a newbie so I'm not exactly sure what Math xml is?

Let me try to clarify

I was originally asking if there was a way to insert advanced math symbols without error messages and add a menu that displays them once you click on them. and like emoticons, once you click on one, its added to your post.

I understand to do this I may have to set the symbols as small images like, emoticons. But if I do this, I don't want them in the the emoticons menu. So now this leads me to a new question. How do I go about adding another menu for symbols? Perhaps below Emoticons. I would not need it to display any of them prior to selecting the button.

Thanks
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by mstephan.

More
15 years 2 months ago - 15 years 2 months ago #5 by Matias
I was talking about markup language:
www.w3.org/Math/

It enables you to write complex math with browsers (at least works in Firefox 2/3).

Seen this?
www.albany.edu/~hammond/gellmu/dmml.xml
They are not images..

Supporting math is not an easy task with our current structure. We accept only bbcode and for math we'd need to have support for xml/xhmtml.
Last edit: 15 years 2 months ago by Matias.

More
15 years 2 months ago #6 by grumblemarc
Would this work? Don't know if it would work in Kunena though.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/vertica...ucation/5101/details

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
15 years 2 months ago #7 by mstephan
I need to look further into the LaTeX extension but I really liked what I saw from albany.edu

Is there a way to integrate either math xml or LaTeX with Kunena? Is this something Kunena will support in the future? If so, how far into the future? I understand that this most likely would be very low priority as this would only benefit a select few of Kunena users.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds