Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question JoomFish content element files for K1.5.3

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by Matias
Just copy the files in ZIP into administrator/components/com_joomfish/contentelements directory.

I'd like to hear feedback on JoomFish support. After we have fixed the worst issues, I will add option to enable/disable JoomFish support directly from Kunena Administration.

Attachment kunena_joomfish_1.zip not found

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #2 by kmilos
Thanks a lot Matias for improving JoomFish support.

I have a few questions though.

Why no field for translating the new indicator in fb_config?

Why translate the email address of the forum in fb_config?

Why so many translate=0 fields (apart from IDs of course), why not just leave them out?

More
14 years 9 months ago #3 by Tassu
Hi Matias

I just tested Kunena and Joom!Fish content element files (with basic installation of Kunena and added few posts, MAMP environment) and they seem to be working quite nice together. Good work!

I have noticed with one other extension that CE files will be included in the installable extension package and CE files will be installed at the same time as the extension (when J!F is already installed).

With Kunena, IF Joom!Fish is not installed, I think those CE files will not be installed? Am I right here? If yes, users have to install CE files manually. Well, users can find those files from Kunena installable package but perhaps you will add them to your site to be downloaded.

The reason I post this is that I want to add Kunena CE files for Joom!Fish into Joom!Fish SVN at JoomlaCode. See
www.joomfish.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=4542

Most probably you will keep us posted here if there are any changes in those CE files.

regards
Harri
J!F forum moderator

More
14 years 9 months ago #4 by 1Yuri
I have Kunena 1.0.8,
seems like it works, at least with categories. :silly:

More
14 years 9 months ago #5 by balaevolve
Hi,

is working Kunena with joomfish.
i need your feedback why bcoz i'm going to implement.
pls help me.

More
14 years 9 months ago #6 by Matias
I found those content element files from JoomFish and just upgraded them to Kunena to see what was needed to be changed (mostly in Kunena source code) to get JoomFish to translate everything.

Translating configuration (offline message, board title etc) and posts works only with Kunena 1.5.3+. There were also many places where translation didn't work earlier.

Content element files are not automatically installed because of JoomFish support is not ready. It should work, but it's not easy to use. I'm currently waiting for a response from JoomFish team to make better integration.

If someone wants to work with content element files -- please do so and post your work into this thread.

More
14 years 8 months ago #7 by spacereactor
any update on integration with joomfish?

More
14 years 8 months ago #8 by Matias
No, both teams (ours and theirs) seem to have higher priorities, so there's nothing new in that front.

More
14 years 2 months ago #9 by budfit
Hi,
just to let you know I installed the content elements and works just fine for translating categories. Great job.
Any idea how to translate for example the menus, or words like ''total users'', ''members'', the bottom bar for example.
Is there any solution for this?

Many thanks
Alexander

More
14 years 2 months ago #10 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.549 seconds