Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Extension manager access problem? "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deletefile()..."

More
13 years 3 months ago #1 by altealt
I tried out Kunena a few months ago and then, because of some complications, I forget which, decided to use another forum software (ccBoard, which turned out to be a dead project...).

Now I would like to give Kunena a second chance, but after a successful installation (Joomla 1.5.11, Kunena 1.5.13 - 1.6 wouldn't run), I cannot access it with the Extension Manager. The menu link which I created for Kunena works (and shows a couple of test messages which I created in connection with the first attempt), but when I try to access Kunena with the Extension manager, I get a blank page with the error message:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare deletefile() in [mysite]/administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 1462

Any idea what I should do? I'm afraid of upgrading to Joomla 1.6 (never update a functioning system...).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What exactly Kunena version do you have isntalled ?

You are right to keep Joomla! 1.5.22 for now, because Kunena 1.6.2 under Joomla! 1.6.0 has some annoying issues

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #3 by altealt
Kunena 1.5.13. (I tried 1.6 but got an error message - installation didn't succeed.)

More
13 years 3 months ago #4 by xillibit
Try to re-upload manually the file : /administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php maybe it has been corrupted during installation

More
13 years 3 months ago #5 by sozzled

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by altealt

More
13 years 2 months ago #7 by altealt

xillibit wrote: Try to re-upload manually the file : /administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php maybe it has been corrupted during installation

Thanks, I tried this and still get the same error message.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8 by xillibit

altealt wrote: Yes.

So, upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.22 please

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #9 by altealt

xillibit wrote:

altealt wrote: Yes.

So, upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.22 please

Upgrade done, problem still there – blank page with the same error message when I choose Kunena in the Extension Manager.

Could this have something to do with some old files left from the previous try with Kunena? (The test messages are still there – I can access Kunena from the frontend link, reply to the test messages and delete them. It's just the backend that doesn't work...)

So, to reformulate my question: what should I do to manually delete everything there was from my previous Kunena installation before I re-installed it?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by altealt.

Time to create page: 0.525 seconds