Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Bold and italic buttons render HTML instead of Boardcode

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by heidster
Hi. I've seen various seemingly related posts about this, but nothing exact.

Joomla: 1.5.20
Kunena: 1.5.12 (template: default_ex)

Choosing the B or I button from the Boardcode area results in HTML rather than Boardcode (i.e., < strong > rather than [ b ] and < em > rather than [ i ] -- minus the spaces). So if anyone uses those buttons, nothing is bold or italic, but rather the HTML is rendered on either side of the word.

All other buttons appear to work fine. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks.

~H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #2 by fxstein
Yes this is a known issue.

You have a plugin installed that simulated a few bbcodes for Joomla. Unfortunately, that plugin conflicts with Kunena and changes the text before we actually get it. Look for any sort of plugin that does that and disable it.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 6 months ago #3 by heidster
Thanks. Do you have any known conflicting plug-ins I can look for? We don't have many installed -- it's a pretty barebones site. ( 46mommas.com )

When I hover over the B and I buttons in the boardcode, it clearly shows < strong > and < em > ... as opposed to when I hover over the B and I buttons here on your forum, it clearly shows [ b ] and [ i ]

So, I'm not sure when the replacement is occurring.

Thanks for any advice.

~H

More
13 years 6 months ago #4 by heidster
Never mind! Rok_candy was the culprit! It's all good now.

Thanks so much!

~H

Time to create page: 0.747 seconds