Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question No Access to Categories

More
13 years 7 months ago #1 by eragon
Hi All:)

When I change the user from registered to author in the joomla back-end the user cannot access the catergories on the forum I can access My Profile & annoucements is still ok.

I am sure its something I have missed somewhere but unable to find a answer.

I put the author user back to registered user and everthing is ok access to all categories.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #2 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: No Access to Categories
Hi eragon,

after changing user permissions in joomla backend, clean users cache in kunena backend then user should logout from site and login again.

Hope this helps
Regards

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by eragon
Replied by eragon on topic Re: No Access to Categories
Thank you for your response, I am new to all this and wondered if you could explain to me how to clean the cache in kunena backend, I know how to change permissions but am unable to see how to clean cache.

Thanks
Eragon

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #4 by @quila
Replied by @quila on topic Re: No Access to Categories
In kunena backend, click to Syncronize Users, then first option must be selected ;)

EDIT: Then dont forget to click to Sync button in top right corner
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by @quila.

More
13 years 7 months ago #5 by eragon
Thanks,

Still no joy, tried several times, is there another solution at all please?

Eragon

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by Cerberus
www.kunena.com/forum/132-common-question...r-qpublishersq#50206

follow that post by me, it says publishers but change that to authors and will work for you..

More
13 years 7 months ago #7 by eragon

Cerberus wrote: www.kunena.com/forum/132-common-question...r-qpublishersq#50206

follow that post by me, it says publishers but change that to authors and will work for you..

Thanks for the info, I think I need to clarify where I am at present.
I have the Kunena Bulletin Board running with Joomla, I have recently set top tabs with various distinctions there.

One of the tabs is a list of paid up members which I want to be available only to "author" status, when I upgrade the "registered" users to "author" in order to see this contact list they are unable to read bulletin board as it no longer shows board categories.

I have returned them to "registered" status and the board categories are clearly visible but the contacts are not!

Joomla is my base, kunena is my bulletin board and "contacts" should run through Joomla but it appears to affect bulletin board.

Can you advise action to overcome this please as I am very new to this but cannot move on if conflicts are shown at each step.

Thanks
Eragon

More
13 years 7 months ago #8 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: No Access to Categories
You need to check permissions to the sections/categories.

Public Access Level: Registered
Include Child Groups: yes <- always this unless you want to hide category for authors and above

More
13 years 7 months ago #9 by eragon

Matias wrote: You need to check permissions to the sections/categories.

Public Access Level: Registered
Include Child Groups: yes <- always this unless you want to hide category for authors and above

Matias
I have done as you requested and it works perfectly well, thank you very much for bearing with me on this issue, and not forgeting Cerberus,Bod Dog and @quila thank you very much for your help.

I must say that I am a novice to this webmaster role, but the enjoyment I get when everything works just fine is a great buzz.

Cheers

Eragon

More
13 years 7 months ago #10 by Cerberus
your very welcome eragon :)

Time to create page: 0.442 seconds