Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question K 1.5.6: RSS feed problem with Gainsboro template

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #1 by heliolopes
INFO
Joomla version: 1.5.15
Kunena: 1.5.6
Kunena template: Gainsboro
Website template: Terrain Tribune (Rocket Theme)
Website Forum Link: www.plantarportugal.org/pt/index.php?opt...om_kunena&Itemid=110

Hi

When I click on the rss feed pic at the bottom of Kunena Forum, I get a long text instead of a pop-up window.

Is there something wrong with my kunena rss feed syndication?
How can I make the pop-up window appear?

Thanks in advance!

TEXT:
"PLANTAR PORTUGAL - Forum Kunena Site Syndication www.plantarportugal.org/pt/ Sun, 22 Aug 2010 00:38:15 +0100 Kunena 1.5.6 www.plantarportugal.org/pt/components/co...sh/emoticons/rss.gif Powered by Kunena www.plantarportugal.org/pt/ Kunena Site Syndication Assunto: Equipa de Vila Nova de Famalicão (Concelho) - por: Luís Barroso www.plantarportugal.org/pt/index.php?opt...w&catid=5&id=299#322 Ola colegas... Estou aqui ao vosso dispor... Caso precisem de algo, digam... Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:58:14 +0100 Assunto: AMIEIRO (alnus glutinosa) - por: Plantar Portugal www.plantarportugal.org/pt/index.php?opt...&catid=51&id=321#321 AMIEIRO Nome científico: Alnus glutinosa Descrição: É uma árvore caducifólia que pode atingir até 35 m de altura. O tronco, erecto de porte mediano, apresenta uma casca cinzento-pardo. Possui folhas são ligeiramente orbiculares, com 4 a 10 cm de comprimento. Os frutos são uma espécie de pinha, com 1 a 2 cm de comprimento, primeiro verdes e depois castanho-escuros. www.plantarportugal.org/pt/media/kunena/...s/alnusglutinosa.jpg Distribuição geográfica: Originário da Europa, Oeste da Ásia e Norte de África, o Amieiro é uma espécie espontânea em Portugal e pode ser encontrado em quase todo o território com prevalência na região norte e centro. Utilização: A madeira do amieiro é muito resistente à água e utilizada frequentemente na construção de pequenas peças, brinquedos, construção naval, corpos de guitarras sólidas, graças às suas características acústicas, entre outras utilizações. O Amieiro é uma espécie comum nas margens dos cursos de água, e nos terrenos húmidos ou pantanosos, de preferência ácido, pobre em calcáreo e de textura médio-compacta. www.plantarportugal.org/pt/media/kunena/.../alnusglutinosa1.jpg Floração entre Fevereiro e Março. Frutificação regular e abundante. Propaga-se sobretudo por semente, por estaca ou por mergulhia. Espécie de crescimento rápido, mas de fraca longevidade, vive cerca de 120 anos. Resistente ao frio e à poluição urbana. Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:54:57 +0100 Assunto: FENACERCI - por: Plantar Portugal www.plantarportugal.org/pt/index.php?opt...&catid=31&id=320#320 FENACERCI A Federação Nacional de........etc.........."
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, heliotropes and thank you for your question.

I must admit that I don't remember whether there were any reported problems with K 1.5.6 using the Gainsboro template. When did you install K 1.5.6? When did you install the Gainsboro template? Have you always had this RSS feed issue or is this something new?

There's a possibility that the Gainsboro template you are using wasn't written for your version of Kunena. Do you also have this problem with the RSS feed if you use the default_ex template instead?
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 7 months ago #3 by heliolopes
Hi Sozzled. Thanks!

I don't understand.. I changed to the default_ex and It worked, then I changed to the Gainsboro template again and now it seems to be working.

And answering the other questions, I don't remember exactly when I have install it...I think between December 2009 and January. I also don't know if I ever had this issue before because I didn't try it. What took me to go for it now was the fact that I don't see on google searches a track of some important topics in this website as it happens for example with another website which I own. And If I compare both sites, this one which I dealing with the rss "problem" has twice better ranking compared to the other. So I wonder If that could be related to the rss syndication or not....

More
13 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
No, the issue has to do with the incompatibility of the Kunena template that you've selected and your version of Kunena. Please read Compatibility with user-customised or third-party-developed Kunena templates . If you really want to fix this problem, you need to ensure that the Kunena template that you want to use actually works with the version of Kunena that you have installed. You happen to have chosen a template that doesn't work.

As a further suggestion, we encourage our users to upgrade to the latest version of Kunena. In your case, that's K 1.5.12.

I'm pleased that we have resolved your problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: heliolopes

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #5 by heliolopes
Hi Sozzled,
Thanks once more!

I would immediately made an upgrade on Kunena version and Template as well, if the forum wouldn't have been adapted as it it now. The forum nowadays works with a geo-referentiation component on it, with several code...so It's quite tricky to make changes.

Thanks for helping me finding the source of the problem.I will work on some solution.

Best regards,
Hélio
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by heliolopes.

More
13 years 7 months ago #6 by @quila
Hello guys,

as a third-party-developer and owner of Gainsboro template I feel that I need to clear something here.

Statment that this problem is related to Gainsboro template is a bit out of place just like RSS code is out of any template, so problem is not with Gainsboro template, it's something else (how you solved this I would say browser cache, but I dont know).

Hope this helps
Best Regards

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds