Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Add New not showing in Announcements

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Elizab3th
I have Kunena 1.5.12 and I cannot seem to be able to get the announcements area to show Add New (delete or others). I have Announcements enabled in the backend and have set two user id's one to admin and the other to moderator and neither can add an announcement.

Have searched doco and forum and cannot find an answer to this actual problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Elizab3th, and welcome to Kunena.

I'm sorry that you're having difficulties with the K 1.5 Announcements feature. Yes, you need to enable the feature from the backend (as you say you did) with Kunena Configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Show Announcement = Yes.

You also need to add a comma-separated list of the user IDs of those whom you want to assign as "Announcement Moderators". Kunena Configuration » Frontend » Look and Feel » Announcement Moderator IDs = <comma-separated-list-of-values>

For example, let's say you have two user IDs, 62 and 123. You would set Announcement Moderator IDs = 62,123

That's how it's supposed to work. Can you check your settings and report back to us, please?

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Elizab3th
Hi Sozzled....great name....what do you put in that steam iron?

Yes I have those things all sorted. Even tried only one user and still no show of the edit icons in the forum.
Attachments:

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Oops ... Change Use Joomla Style = No. I think that's what's causing the problem. ;)

I make no comments about my name nor what goes in the steam iron. These will just have to remain mysteries. :D

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Elizab3th
Hi Sozzled...thanks for help. That certainly worked but blew away all the bespoke colour scheme and I would prefer to keep it. Mmmm back to the drawing board I guess. Thanks just the same.

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Use Joomla Style is a mess. It's a hangover from the days before Kunena was Kunena. The setting has been removed from K 1.6. Depending on your site theme, the default_ex template may or may not be suitable but it's something that works.

If you'd like some help in revamping your Kunena forum for your website, have a look at our various template categories. Templates are the way to go. If there's any other way that I might be able to help, please let me know. Cheers. B)

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds