Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Re: K 1.5.12: Search error: call to undefined function mb_substr() in class.kunena.php on line 1309

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by apnausman
HI,

I just installed latest version of Kunena, its working perfectly fine except SEARCH.

When I Search for anything, if there is no result then the page displays fine, but if it finds a result, it just breaks.

can you please guide me how can i fix this problem.

Many Thanks,
Usman Ghani
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve search relevance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Search Page Broken
G'day, apnausman, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your request but I wonder if you could provide a little more information, please - use K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first as a guide:

What version, specifically, of Kunena are you using?
What version, specifically, of Joomla are you using?
What template of Kunena are you using?

Thank you

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by apnausman
Replied by apnausman on topic Re: Search Page Broken
Hi,
thanks for quick response.

here are some of the details:
Kunena Version: 1.5.x
Joomla Version: 1.5.18
and using the default template.

I kept trying to figure out what's problem with it. and run it on my local machine, it worked fine, the same code was downloaded from server where it wasn't working.
So the same code words on local machine but doesn't work over web server. something weird, please assist.

Thanks
Usman

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Search Page Broken
Which specific version of K 1.5 are you using (e.g. K 1.5.11, K 1.5.12), please? When you wrote "default" template do you mean the default template or the default_ex template?

What webserver platform are you running?
What version SQL are you using?
What SQL data collation method is being used with your jos_fb_* tables?

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by apnausman
Installed version: Kunena 1.5.12
yes, default_ex

Linux, (CentOS)
MySQL client version: 5.0.77
Collection method: utf8_general_ci
but for one table which is jos_fb_config_bacup, its latin1_swedish_ci

Cheers,

More
13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks: when I asked you what webserver platform you were running, I meant something like Apache, Ubuntu, Microsoft IIS or something else and what version number, please?

You probably should be running all jos_fb_* tables with utf8_general_ci collation.

What PHP version are you using?

Sorry for all these questions. I haven't seen this error before ( K 1.5.12 - Known issues ). Does this happen on any kind of search query or just certain ones?

More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by apnausman
Sorry, didn't get your question before. :)

Web server
Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS)
MySQL client version: 5.0.77
PHP version: 5.2.13

it happens any kind of search query.

I really appreciate your help,

Cheers,

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you for your replies: all that learned from this exchange of information is that your website seems to meet the minimum technical specifications for K 1.5.12. The question I am asking myself are
  • Why is your site different from every other Kunena website?
  • What peculiar, unique, settings or mix of other software have you used that makes your site work differently?
What if you were to create a totally fresh Joomla 1.5.18 (or J! 1.5.20) site on your server and install K 1.5.12 - but nothing else - would you still have the same search issues? And then, we wonder, what "else" have you installed on your problem site that is causing this search mess?

Perhaps we need to see your website to see some of the issues for ourselves. Can you arrange that please?
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by apnausman
Ok, I will install a fresh copy of joomla and will also install only kunena, then will see how it goes.

Also I can arrange so that you can see the issues yourself, but what and how would you like to access it?

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by apnausman
But here i want to add one thing,
I copied the same code along with all of extensions installed and run that on my local windows machine using XAMPP, it worked fine. but the same code is not working on webserver.

Time to create page: 0.401 seconds