Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important BUG: Thread dissapears after approving.

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by iLucato
Hi folks, I noticed that if I have a message waiting for approval and click on approve button, but forgot to check the checkbox, the message/thread dissapears and I need to go to the database to change the "hold" value to make it shows up.

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thanks, iLucato. I'm not sure that this is a defect or not. I mean, how can Kunena safeguard/"idiot-proof" against deliberate user choices or mistakes (e.g. "I forgot to check the checkbox")?

Fortunately you also found a workaround for the problem.

Would you like to provide a bit more information, please? Perhaps a few screenshots to illustrate the problem? In my daily use of Kunena, I don't use the "message waiting for approval" functions and so I'm having a problem visualising which screens, which checkboxes, do what.

Perhaps you might also like to tell us which version of Kunena you are using.

Thank you very much.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by iLucato

sozzled wrote: Thanks, iLucato. I'm not sure that this is a defect or not. I mean, how can Kunena safeguard/"idiot-proof" against user deliberate user choices or mistakes (e.g. "I forgot to check the checkbox")?

Well, Kunene would check if there is message waiting for approval and none checkboxes were checked and it was hit approve button, would show a pop-up warning "You didn't select a message. Check one or more and hit approve again", so, Kunena shouldn't go for next step it no checkboxes are checked.

Fortunately you also found a workaround for the problem.

Yup, more or less, wasn't into the category, but I moved as administrator later.

Would you like to provide a bit more information, please? Perhaps a few screenshots to illustrate the problem? In my daily use of Kunena, I don't use the "message waiting for approval" functions and so I'm having a problem visualising which screens, which checkboxes, do what.
Perhaps you might also like to tell us which version of Kunena you are using. Thank you very much.

Sure, here goes a screenshot after hiting the tab "X messages waiting for approval". I'm using K 1.5.12.

Acção that should be "Ação" is 'Action' and the button "Aprovar" is 'Approve'.

You're welcome, and thank you. ;0)

Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ], J!1.5.25, rhuk_milkyway, CB 1.8.1, AUP 1.5.13, UddeIM 2.5 and Akeeba Backup 3.3.9

EsferaDoBem.com.br | iLucato.com.br | BemDoado.com.br
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by iLucato.
More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by sozzled

iLucato wrote: Well, Kunena would check if there is message waiting for approval and none checkboxes were checked and it was hit approve button, would show a pop-up warning "You didn't select a message. Check one or more and hit approve again", so, Kunena shouldn't go for next step it no checkboxes are checked.

That's an excellent suggestion and thank you for your help in reporting this! :)

We'll make sure the developers look into this situation for both K 1.5.x and K 1.6.
More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by over
Hi,
I have and had a similar problem.

Some time ago a thread disaperad and reported it in the Forum. As the version was somewhat old we upgraded to the latest version. Now still used. Kunena 1.5.11

Now I got the problem again. After posting a reply I didn't get back to the Forum. Only a gray page.

As I in this case know in what thread I posted, I found the thread allright in the DB table but without my new posting.

After reading this thread I checked the hold field. Everything in the table is on 0.

Is there another block field somewhere in the DB? In a session? In a cookie?

I've logged out from the server. And also started my PC completely from scratch.

over
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
G'day, over. FYI, 1.5.11 is an old version now. The latest public stable version is K 1.5.12.

As you can be able to infer from the subject, the symptoms of the problem require two conditions:

(1) Kunena forums where categories are defined as Review Posts = Yes.
(2) You were reviewing other users, pressed the "Approve" button, but did not check each message(s) that you were approving - as seen in iLucato's screenshot. In other words, you forgot to check the checkboxes. (This is the so-called "bug".)

Are these the conditions in your situation? :unsure:
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 8 months ago #7 by xillibit
FYI : the things for approve messages in k1.6 is a bit different, so i don't think that issue happens on K1.6.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by over
Hi,

Nop. Just used this thread because of the tip with the hold field and didn't want to start a new.

As I wrote:
" After posting a reply I didn't get back to the Forum. Only a gray page."

This may have bin a connection problem or something else. This I really don't know. So I lost my posting. It's not in the DB-table but the rest is (4 postings).

And I wrote:
"Is there another block field somewhere in the DB? In a session? In a cookie?"

The thread doesn't appear in the Forum anymore but the 4 postings are in the DB-table. So it must be blocked in another way than with the hold field.

over
More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
The "hold" value is only necessary/used when you are approving someone else's post.

Thank you, xillibit. Now that we have an answer to the question I asked, K 1.6 (msg #4 in this thread), there is no need to retain this thread as active.

Over's problem is a completely different matter to the subject of this thread. Over's case involves the "loss" of messages after posting to his/her forum. I suspect it was a server or connection timeout that caused the loss of the message(s) involved. I also believe that these issues are unlikely to occur again if over upgrades to K 1.5.12.
More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #10 by over
Do you want me to open a new thread?

I only want to know how I get the thread activated again. Or should I live with posts in the DB-table that are dead. And the user I answered will be somewhat confused when his thread is gone.I wrote another answer to the same user so he for sure got a mail to have a look in the Forum!
For sure an update to 1.5.12 will not solve this. As I wrote I had the same problem 3 Months ago. Then I deleted one posting. But the whole thread was gone. I guess this thread is also still in the DB table. In that case I do not know which,
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by over.
Time to create page: 0.626 seconds