Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question 500 Internal Server Error when trying to add a topic

More
13 years 9 months ago #1 by toutski
I have Joomla version 1.5.18 and Kunena version 1.5.12 running on www.dominickirwan.com .

Every time ANY (admin as well) user tries to create a new topic on the Kunena board I get the attached error message with an internal server error.

The comments are set for review and the forums are moderated but I have switched all these optiont to no avail.

Can anyone help me please?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by etusha

More
13 years 9 months ago #3 by toutski

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #4 by etusha
try to change to default template

you made some change there ?

you edit also language file
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by etusha.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by toutski
I didn't edit any language file.

I changed the template back to the original one, but the problem still exists.

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
500 Internal Server Errors usually result from bad PHP code. There's something on the page when you're trying to add a new topic that is causing the PHP interpreter to object. One way to find out the cause is to enable Joomla debug mode and look at what is being reported.

Searching for 500 Internal Server Error at this website might also give you a few clues, too.

My guess is that another module (not Kunena) on the site is causing the problem.

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by etusha

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by toutski
sozzled

I apologies but I did already search the forums. There seems to be plenty of instances where this happens but very few solutions.

When I enable Joomla debug mode there is no error reported on the error page.
My cpanel error log only reports:

[Tue Jul 13 08:46:08 2010] [error] [client 82.7.104.189] File does not exist: /home/dominick/public_html/favicon.ico
[Tue Jul 13 08:46:04 2010] [error] [client 82.7.104.189] File does not exist: /home/dominick/public_html/500.shtml, referer: www.dominickirwan.com/index.php?option=c...func=showcat&catid=4

etusha

I dont have a css js compress plugin. At least I don't think I do.

More
13 years 9 months ago #9 by etusha
yes you have
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/media/system/css/css-d88325c26fccffc16fdcbe6895c17519.php" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/plugins/system/rokbox/themes/light/css-b518d664167dd795248190ff44b8159f.php" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/rt_iridium_j15/css/css-68d2be5c945ee913eaca624baff6ccc5.php" type="text/css" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/templates/system/css/css-068042e5faad58e5ca9b950e5e62bcdf.php" type="text/css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/cache/js-9a8eaa6ee36838127f259b43edd78cd5.php"></script>

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by toutski
Ah, I think the plugin is System - RokGZipper,

which I have now disabled as well, but same problem.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds