Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question First page dissappears, posts all mixed up

More
13 years 8 months ago #1 by Dr JM
As the title suggests i have 2 issues.

1) when the amount of replies exceeds one page, the front end only lets me view the second page. when i click the 1st page or "previous" link it takes me to the top of the second page. its almost as if the first page is non existant.

2) all the replies are falling out of chronological order, actually theyre falling out of order al together

this is a new site with community builder 1.2.3 installed and joomla 1.5.18, though i have opted to stick with the profiles from kuenana and have all forum integration with cb turned off
yesterday was the site launch, so we are having quite a bit of traffic on the forums today

please help!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by fxstein
Hi,

Can you please provide more information about your setup?

What version of Kunena? What template? Have you tried the default template that ships with Kunena?

Maybe provide a link to the site.

Anything that you don't want to be seen in public, you can leverage
Code:
[confidential]Not to be share dwith public - only for moderators[/confidential]

Thx!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by Dr JM
I used the latest non beta kunena
the default ex template
everything is stock
i only made a few minor changes, which include changing "connections" to "friends"

This message contains confidential information

www.die4us.com

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

you aren't using the default_ex template but a specific template, i don't know if this template is made especially for you kunena version.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 8 months ago #5 by Dr JM
yes i am using that template, just a couple color and image edits

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
Yes, we appreciate your desire to have a template that matches your site theme, but the real question at the moment for you, Dr JM, is this: do these problems disappear if you use the standard, unmodified, default_ex template and are you using the standard, unmodified K 1.5.12? Try that and see if the problems disappear and then come back to us. :)
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #7 by Dr JM
k, i just made a dummy site to test things out so i can keep this one live.
my issue with the out of order posts has been corrected with an option in cb,
specifically i unpublished the forum integration tab and it seemed to correct the posts problem.
i dont understand it but it worked
ill get back to you after i test out the unmodified default_ex template on my dummy site
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Dr JM.

More
13 years 8 months ago #8 by F0l2saken
This does the exact same thing on my site down to a T, the community builder integration is flawed, if you turn it off, the posts appear in the right order again. I have 1.2.2 (CB) and the most recent version of this forum system

The page navigation only works if you visit the forums through a menu link, not by using a module. No module wrote for this forum system works correctly and I consider this a major disadvantage because I can't show recent posts on my home page, because the page navigation will not work right. The problem is with the modules, they do not link to the post the right way.

Here's an example, if I visit the forums through a menu link and then click on the link for this post, the link is:

www.tfwfc.com/version20/index.php?option...ew&catid=533&id=2860

Now if I use any module wrote for this forum, and click on the same post in a recent post settings I get this link:

www.tfwfc.com/version20/index.php?option...=6&limitstart=6#2868

That's what's messing it up, then if you use that link the forum navagation fails because the forum doesn't correct the link when navagating to pages. You can view pages 2, 3 , 4 ,5 but if you try to view page 1 it just refreshes the page you're on.

I'm trying to figure this out but I'm to the point of pulling my hair out, I've had the exact same problem with fireboard 1.04 1.05 so on and so forth, if you use modules to display posts, it breaks the forum navagation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #9 by F0l2saken
Wow never mind, on a fresh install of this forum system with a the included template the page navigation doesn't work at all when I view posts according to categories. I do a catagory view, and then click on a post in a catagory, if I go to the last page and then click 1st page, it just refreshes the page. I have several forum members barking at me for this, any idea how to make the page navigation work? It's only navigates to page 2, 3 , 4 ,5 of a thread, page 1 does not work, it just refreshes the current page :(

More
13 years 8 months ago #10 by F0l2saken
The problem is with the links generated by this forum system for page navagation, it's always been an issue with fireboard. This is a good example

When I view categories and click on a post for example I get this link:

Itemid=128&func=view&catid=518&id=2543

This starts me out on the 3rd page of this thread, when I click page 2 I get this link:

Itemid=128&func=view&catid=518&id=2543&limitstart=6

When I click on page 1 I get the exact same link as when I view page 3

Itemid=128&func=view&catid=518&id=2543

All it does is refreshes the last page, the links are not generated correctly in page navigation

Please note, if the you insert a 0 for the 6 in limit start, it will view the first page correctly like this:

Itemid=128&func=view&catid=518&id=2543&limitstart=0

Any ideas on how I change the core to make it link correctly to the first page of a forum thread? I want it to use that link for any post when I try to view the first page of any thread, then it works perfectly fine.

Time to create page: 0.386 seconds