Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Preview failure on "New Topic" on non-customized install.

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #1 by Sasben
Hi everyone.. I've spent the better part of a day trying to resolve this one issue.. The only issue with Kunena that I am having actually.

Joomla: 1.5.15 Stable
PHP: 5.2.8
Host: GoDaddy
Community Builder: 1.2.3
uddeIM: 2.0
Kunena: v1.5.12_stable

I have searched the forum, looked at hints, tried a number of steps and saw the previously related topics on this issue. Doesn't appear to be the same, so apologies if I am an idiot and didn't find a previous thread on it.

I have scrapped my entire install and went back to a basic Joomla and Kunena with no luck, I have no plug-ins to disable.

Issue: When posting a new thread/topic, if you press the "preview" button, you see the preview text and if you make updates to your post, you see the preview text update below it. (So the id=previewMsg shows)

The problem however is that the output afterwards (fb_sectiontableentry1 and onwards) doesn't show on the page... I found out that it shows within the page source, so the Joomla main viewing area isn't allowing a scroll. If you press the tab key, you skip down to the upload image form and then you can scroll your browser to see the other buttons etc.

If you scroll back to the top in your browser, the top half of the forum is cut-off.

So it seems the Joomla template is interfering with the scrolling of the module?
This is in the default Joomla template.

This is with the default_ex template, but I have also tried others now as well. Same Result.

Interestingly, when you REPLY to a previous post, you can hit the preview button and all the other forms and buttons show in the table (Upload/Attach forms as well as Submit, Preview and Cancel) and the browser scroll works the full height of the window.

Is this something someone has come across before?

I will play with Textarea Width & Height to see if it will fix it.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by Sasben.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #2 by Sasben
I reinstalled everything again for the second time and everything seems fine now.

I wonder if the GoDaddy default Joomla template has in issue in it for sizing?

More
13 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
G'day, Sasben, and welcome to Kunena. I'm sorry to hear that you have been having problems with the message preview function of K 1.5.12. This is the first I've seen of this situation.

I wonder if it's possible for us to see some further evidence of your claims. Would it, for example, be possible to see your website. In order to see the message preview in operation, we would need an account for testing purposes. Could you arrange that for us, please?

If you can arrange this kind of access, we would appreciate it if you posted the information here, using the new "Confidential" BBCode tags, something like this:
Code:
[confidential]Account: test Password: test[/confidential]

Thanks.

More
13 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
Sorry, I was in the process of preparing my reply to you when you posted your message saying that everything now seems to be working.

We've had reports about GoDaddy problems before and that might have been a factor.

Anyway, I am very pleased to hear that your problems have been solved. I'm even more delighted to read a question posted to this forum that starts off with the words like "I'm using a non-customised version of Kunena". Great to see! :woohoo:

More
13 years 8 months ago - 13 years 8 months ago #5 by Sasben

sozzled wrote: I'm even more delighted to read a question posted to this forum that starts off with the words like "I'm using a non-customised version of Kunena". Great to see! :woohoo:

I think that is the important piece to include, so you know it hasn't been tooled with.

Gday BTW (I am an Aussie living in the US) and thanks for a great product.
Last edit: 13 years 8 months ago by sozzled. Reason: very minor change to user's BBcode to improve appearance

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds