Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SMTP Error

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by hkwebmaster
SMTP Error was created by hkwebmaster
Just upgraded my Kunena forum from 1.0.8 to 1.5.11

Joomla : 1.5.18

Now pressing the "Submit" button, the screen displays SMTP error but the message was still submitted ok.

Please shed some light on how to solve this issue. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: SMTP Error
I'm not sure what is causing this error but I suspect that there's another Joomla extension (or site setting) on this website that was changed around the same time as the Kunena upgrade occurred.

Seeing that the user was using K 1.0.8 before the upgrade, this means that they must have been running J! 1.0.x or J! 1.5.x in legacy mode at some stage. So, the first thing I would be asking is, has the Joomla code been affected recently? The user states that they are now running J! 1.5.18, but are we still running legacy mode or are we running natively and, is there something else that does not involve Kunena that is involved? Have we, for example, recently tried to transfer the Kunena installation from an older site somewhere?

So, yes, I hope I am helping to shed some light on this even if I don't know where the specific problems lie.

Just out of curiosity: what Kunena template are you using?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by hkwebmaster
Replied by hkwebmaster on topic Re: SMTP Error
I first upgrade the Joomla from V1.5.9 to V1.5.18, then the forum from 1.0.8 to 1.5.11. I disabled the legacy mode and now Joomla is running in native mode.

I am using the default_ex template.

Kunena forum is the only extension I have upgraded.

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: SMTP Error
Hello,

are-you on a local machine or on a hoster ?

if you are on an hoster, can-you report settings that you here in mail settings : docs.joomla.org/images/e/ef/Global.Config_Server.png

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: SMTP Error
Thank you for your reply.

hkwebmaster wrote:

Kunena forum is the only extension I have upgraded.

Have you checked J! 1.5 compatibility with the other extensions that you are running? Can you indicate what mail/SMTP settings you are currently using? Have you considered upgrading to K 1.5.12 (because there were a couple of mail issues in earlier versions of Kunena that are fixed in the current version).

So these problems occur always or do the errors only appear when you are logged-in?

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by hkwebmaster
Replied by hkwebmaster on topic Re: SMTP Error
Thanks xillibit and sozzled.

Once I changed the Mailer setting of Joomla from SMTP to PHP Mail Function, the SMTP Error is gone.

However, there are still no email sent for the topic we have subscribed.

I am planning to upgrade the Kunena to 1.5.12 and see if this problem can be solved too.

Thanks again for your great support and have a nice weekend.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds