Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] RocketTheme template and 'Check this box to have yourself notified ...'checkbox missing

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by ukfish1
Hi

The check box for topic replies is missing (see image below).

Also I cannot select a topic icon (tick boxes are missing too) and cannot upload images.

I did carry out a "redirect after login" hack as recommended at:

www.kunena.com/forum/132-common-question...in?limit=10&start=10

Could that be causing the problem?

Cheers
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by Cerberus
what version of kunena/joomla are you using and what template are you using for joomla/kunena???

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by ukfish1
Hi

joomla 1.5.17
kunena 1.5.11

template: Rocket Theme template with standard default_ex Kunena template

thanks

paul

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

Can-you please give a link to your site with a login and password ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
ukfish1 wrote:

The check box for topic replies is missing (see image below).

Also I cannot select a topic icon (tick boxes are missing too) and cannot upload images.

I did carry out a "redirect after login" hack as recommended at ...

A couple of quick observations from me.
  1. The Kunena team does not recommend hacking. Our recommendations are contained in K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. :) You may have intended the word "recommend" in a different way but, in case you didn't, I thought I had better make this point clear for other users who might think that we recommend or encourage hacking. Yes, I know, sometimes you can't make Kunena do quite what you want without changing some core Kunena software but, as soon as you do that, you can create other issues.
  2. RocketTheme templates are notorious for conflicting with Kunena. Can we eliminate RocketTheme templates from the situation? Can you try uninstalling everything RocketTheme - are you using the RokCandy plugin, in particular - on your site and use the rhuk_milkyway template, for example.
  3. What about trying a clean installation of K 1.5.11 again?
What does the RocketTheme website have to say about Kunena? It disturbs me that we continually receive reports of Kunena websites suffering when users purchase, download and install templates from that site. I suspect, though, that K 1.6 will go some way to resolving a few of those problems ... at least from the Kunena perspective.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by ukfish1
Hi guys

thanks for the replies.

You are quite right, everything works fine in a non Rocket Theme template. I am waiting to hear what RT have to say.

Do you still want me to send you log in details xillibit?

cheers

Paul

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by kat06
hi all,

jfyi, the above issue has been solved in the rockettheme forum.

please view the forum support thread for further reference.

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=92..._v=viewtopic#p510821

cheers,

kat :)
rockettheme

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #8 by sozzled
Thank you, kat, for responding with a solution to issues that Kunena users have been having for over a year. I am really pleased that, at last, RocketTheme users have had their voice heard and that (even though I am not a user of RocketTheme templates and I have nothing personal against them), maybe, my small part helped to get the right focus on this long-running problem.

According to the link that posted in last message, the problems that users have had in making Kunena co-operate with RocketTheme extensions seem to stem from users' unfamiliarity in configuring RocketTheme settings. The solution is not (as we here, in our ignorance, have advised in the past) to disable or to eliminate RocketTheme extensions. Good. I'm glad we've given the matter its due and rightful attention.

I hope that this topic continues to be useful in the future when we discover various problems that users have running Kunena with RocketTheme extensions.

Again, thank you. :)
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds