Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Garbage text in new thread subject

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #1 by comitetuldeparinti
Stared new thread for this.
You can see in image the default text in a new thread subject is strange.
I use joomla 1.5, kunena is up to date, i use CB for user management (users are in sync). I use default_ex template and never modified it.
I also use "ObjectClarity Kunena Discussbot" for auto-thread-creation from articles in joomla (see image for settings I use).

Thank you guys for your time.
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by comitetuldeparinti.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by comitetuldeparinti
Image for ObjectClarity Kunena Discussbot settings
Attachments:

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
:blink: ObjectClarity Discussbot!? As I recall, unless the developer has recently decided to resurrect this product from the grave, ObjectClarity Discussbot development ceased 12 months ago; it also requires that you have to be running Joomla 1.5 in legacy mode, right? How many other J 1.0.x components/modules/plugins does your site depend upon?

When you say that your Kunena is "up-to-date" what version are you using? And, while we're on that subject, what version of Community Builder are you using?

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by comitetuldeparinti
Joomla 1.5.15 (not up to date)
Kunena 1.5.11
Object Clarity is the only legacy plug-in and also the only one I found to create threads from articles. Do you know a newer one?
CB is v 1.2.2

Thank you for your time :)

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #5 by sozzled
comitetuldeparinti wrote:

Object Clarity is the only legacy plug-in and also the only one I found to create threads from articles. Do you know a newer one?

A user modified the ObjectClarity Discussbot, called it KunenaDiscuss, and ported it to Joomla 1.5. I can't tell you any more than that because I don't use it. A new discussbot plugin is being developed as part of the Kunena project for K 1.6.

You can find more information about the K 1.5 KunenaDiscuss plugin at the Joomla Extension Directory . The Kunena development team does not endorse any discussbot plugin for K 1.5. :)

This still doesn't address the original question: how did you get this garbage text in the subject header? I wonder, what SQL encoding are your jos_fb_* tables?
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 10 months ago #6 by comitetuldeparinti
Table jos_fb_messages, field subject, collation: utf8_general_ci. Data from PHP My Admin

IS this the encoding mode?

More
13 years 10 months ago #7 by comitetuldeparinti
sozzled wrote:

comitetuldeparinti wrote:

A user modified the ObjectClarity Discussbot, called it KunenaDiscuss, and ported it to Joomla 1.5. I can't tell you any more than that because I don't use it. A new discussbot plugin is being developed as part of the Kunena project for K 1.6.

You can find more information about the K 1.5 KunenaDiscuss plugin at the Joomla Extension Directory . The Kunena development team does not endorse any discussbot plugin for K 1.5. :)

This still doesn't address the original question: how did you get this garbage text in the subject header? I wonder, what SQL encoding are your jos_fb_* tables?

SOLVED!
Uninstalled ObjectClarity Duscussbot, installed KunenaDiscuss, turned off Legacy support: no garbage text in subject field anymore!
Thank you very much for your support!

Again: Kunena is a great piece software!

Time to create page: 0.363 seconds