Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [img] image not shown on 2nd page of topic

More
13 years 11 months ago #1 by ShArK
Hey guys,

One of my users noticed a bug in the forums, I don't know if this is a global bug or just our site. But when he posts [img]imagelinkhere[/img] on the first page, the image shows up, but if he does it on a 2nd page or after this, it shows up as normal text and above the topic it says

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/gyc/htdocs/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 348

Our kunena is integrated with community builder 1.2.2 & uddeim 2.0

We use kunena 1.5.11 , php 5.2.11 and joomla 1.5.17

Any input on this?

Thanks,
Jelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I'am remember there was this kind of bugs in kunena 1.5.6 or kunena 1.5.5. I don't know why it's causing issues on kunena 1.5.11.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 11 months ago #3 by sozzled
xillibit: based on your vague recollection of this occurring in K 1.5.5 or K 1.5.6 I searched but I couldn't find anything that might have a direct bearing on this case :(

I have a couple of questions to ask ShArK (BTW, welcome to Kunena :) ):
    Do these problems always occur on every topic that exceeds one page? What
Kunena template are you using?

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #4 by ShArK
I just noticed, for some reason it's only showing that error in that topic on the 2nd page (no other page after this one so far) but not in other topics, and when I try to add another picture to that topic, it works, but not just that particular link, and it works in a browser...

And I'm using defaul_ex_formality_gray as template thanks for replying!

Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by ShArK.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #5 by ShArK
and when I remove the ?t=1274753402 the picture is there, and the error message is gone...

so maybe this can be fixed in a later version that a [img][/img] doesn't have to end on .jpg or something else, but can be some other text too?

Solution:A link in the IMG tags has to end on an extension and can not be somthing like ?=t1274753402

More
13 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
ShArK wrote:

And I'm using defaul_ex_formality_gray as template

Ooops ... !! :ohmy:

I reckon that's where your problem is! Please try to reproduce the symptoms with the default_ex template. It's always a good idea to read K 1.5.x Support: Please read this first. One of the basic things you (and others) can do to help themselves, before they ask for help, is to see whether they can reproduce their problem with the standard, unmodified, Kunena default_ex template. This is one of the reasons why people are strongly urged to keep a copy of this template without any modifications to it (even if they don't use it for everyday purposes for their site) in case they run into unexpected difficulties.

More
13 years 11 months ago #7 by ShArK

It doesn't even work on here... Does that count as reproduced? :)

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #8 by sozzled
Actually, I'm not as much concerned with the fact that the syntax is inappropriate for Kunena boardcode as I am concerned with the "Undefined offset" error that you got.

The "undefined offset" error was not reproduced here, at K.com.

The fact the the image does not appear is one issue. The fact that it doesn't appear at your site and it generates a nasty error message is a bigger worry. These kinds of errors should be handled in a more "elegant" manner and that error handling may not be catered for in the non-standard template that you are using.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #9 by ShArK
Sorry for my arrogance there a moment ago sozzled.

I just tested it with default_ex template, the error was the same.

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/gyc/htdocs/components/com_kunena/lib/kunena.parser.php on line 348

I have no customisez anything to the kunena or any special plugins for kunena itself... So I have no idea why it causes this. And rule 348 is
if (!in_array(strtolower($matches[1]), $file_ext)) break;

Jelle

More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #10 by sozzled
OK. Thank you. Well, indeed, you have found a error condition that is not "neatly handled" (as I would describe it) in Kunena that happens in known circumstances (and this might have been what xillibit was trying to say earlier).

So you know the cause and you know the way to fix it. Kunena doesn't accommodate "processed" images or images generated on-the-fly (see also [Solved by hack] JoomGallery IMG tags don't work in Kunena)
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 2.389 seconds