Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question all category's be missing

More
13 years 10 months ago #1 by Wilber83
hello, i have a big problem and i hope u can help me.

my problem: i have changed in the admin-pannel the accesslevel from a maincategory. ( this maincategory have 5 subcategorys and in the frontent 380articel includes ) .

after the changing, all categorys ( and all subc. + articels ) are lost. i cant see them in frontend or backend. what is happend? can i change the accesslevels in mysql-database? and can i so become the categorys and articels again?

please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #2 by MAW_Trok
there is a nice option....... the backup :-D

Simply, restore your site by using a backup!! :laugh:

More
13 years 10 months ago #3 by sozzled
First of all, G'day, Wilber83, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have lost "everything". The first question that comes to mind is "how much have you lost and would it be a major loss if you had to accept that you couldn't retrieve the information?" That's one option and it's the worst-case scenario.

On the other hand, you need to know (and others looking at this discussion topic in the future may also need to know) how, specifically, did you change the "accesslevel from a maincategory" (your words, not mine)? If you knew how you did this, we should be able to figure a way to reverse the process.

It helps if you have some understanding of how to administer sections, categories and sub-categories and that is why I want you to read Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) . If you follow the information in that tutorial then you shouldn't have a problem in future.

By the way, what do you mean that you have lost "380 article includes"? I'm sorry but I don't know what this means? Do you mean that you have lost 380 messages posted by your users? :dry:

The solution may be as easy as changing one field in one record of the fb_categories table. If you are familiar with a tool like phpMyAdmin this should be fairly straightforward; if you are not familiar with this tool then you could make the problem irretrievably worse.

We'll wait to hear for the answer to my question above: what, exactly, did you change? Did you change the admin access (for example) for a section that contains all these categories? What was the name of the "container" section or category that you changed? :)

More
13 years 10 months ago #4 by Wilber83
"The solution may be as easy as changing one field in one record of the fb_categories table. " there was a problem in the field "parent" .. if u want to have a maincategory , this category must have "parent" = 0 . :) now, its running and all 380 "messages posted by users" are there again in frontend. YEHAAA :D thank u very mutch mate!

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds